Urgent Name Check Question

rajeshksh

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
Mine is employment based immigration visa processing. I have my cp intreview scheduled for Jan 7 at Delhi. I got it rescheduled from Dec 15 to Jan 7. I booked my return tickets for Jan 9th assuming that I will get the immigrant visa stamped on the same day as that of the interview. I just happened to speak to my friend who says that I will have to wait for two weeks after the interview for Name Check. Now, I never knew about this new thing called Name Check!! Do they do name check for every one? Does it mean that every one who goes for CP interview waits for two weeks after the interview. I am really surprised to hear this since there is no mention of it anywhere (atleast I never heard about it). If this is the case, for me reschduling it one more time will be very expensive (you know the Dec-Jan air fair) and painful. Someone who knows about it please help. My question is this -
Which of the following should I consider as true while making changes to my travel plan -1. I will have to wait for two weeks
2. I may or may not have to wait for two weeks.
3. I will not have to wait for two weeks and will surely get the visa same day if successful.
Also, could you please provide some details on Name Check.
Thank you in advance!

1, 2 or 3? No one knows. It's an FBI records check. For 85% of people, it's quick, but if your name is Mohammed, you're basically screwed. If your name matches that of someone in their database, it may take a few weeks to clear (assuming you're not the one in the database, cause then you're totally screwed).
So keep 2 weeks buffer. If you get it the same day, have a vacation!

The best thing to do now is take 5 hours and go through the threads here. look at the sticky threads. Everything is explained.
hope this helps.

rajeshksh said:
Hi,
Mine is employment based immigration visa processing. I have my cp intreview scheduled for Jan 7 at Delhi. I got it rescheduled from Dec 15 to Jan 7. I booked my return tickets for Jan 9th assuming that I will get the immigrant visa stamped on the same day as that of the interview. I just happened to speak to my friend who says that I will have to wait for two weeks after the interview for Name Check. Now, I never knew about this new thing called Name Check!! Do they do name check for every one? Does it mean that every one who goes for CP interview waits for two weeks after the interview. I am really surprised to hear this since there is no mention of it anywhere (atleast I never heard about it). If this is the case, for me reschduling it one more time will be very expensive (you know the Dec-Jan air fair) and painful. Someone who knows about it please help. My question is this -
Which of the following should I consider as true while making changes to my travel plan -1. I will have to wait for two weeks
2. I may or may not have to wait for two weeks.
3. I will not have to wait for two weeks and will surely get the visa same day if successful.
Also, could you please provide some details on Name Check.
Thank you in advance!

First, as the other member suggested, go through the forum and you will get
all the information you want. For the name check procedures, check the
sticky that I opened above.

Coming to your questions, you should be aware that no one can provide
exact answers for your questions.

But going by the numbers the probablity of being stopped for name check is
still less but would increase if your's is a too common name.

Anyway, it is better to keep this buffer of about two weeks at the present time..

Raju

Raju and Raja,
Thank you for your response. It is very helpful. I geartly appreciate your valuable response.
I am new to this portal and infact this is the first portal I am using on immigration. Could please let me know how to see the sticky? Is it like a note or link.
I browsed the portal and found lots of info on this, thanks.
Rajesh

Name check is very fast

My sife had to go through the name check process. It takes approximately 3 business days.

rajeshksh said:
Raju and Raja,
Thank you for your response. It is very helpful. I geartly appreciate your valuable response.
I am new to this portal and infact this is the first portal I am using on immigration. Could please let me know how to see the sticky? Is it like a note or link.
I browsed the portal and found lots of info on this, thanks.
Rajesh

It is one of the threads that shows at the top of the list always.

The name of the thread is "Article on FBI Name Check" opened by me.

Raju

mav13 said:
My sife had to go through the name check process. It takes approximately 3 business days.

Not for everyone. 90% is true. But 10% cases are pending even for 2 years. My case is pending since March 2004.