Urgent -- My tax return or my spouse's tax return

Desertbird

Registered Users (C)
Hi, I got my interview letter a couple weeks ago and it is scheduled on June 1st. On the check list, one item is "Please bring the original and a photocopy of the following tax year(s): ".

When I first read the letter when I received it, I thought that means my spouse(the Sponsor)'s tax return. However, today, I was finishing up my preparation of the paperwork, I suddenly realized that it might mean my own tax return.

Would you please tell me whose tax returns did the INS office refer to? Unfortunately, I could not find my 2002 and 2003's tax returns, I only have 2004's. I went to Internal Revenue Service's website and it looks like I can fax a request Form 4506-T to get a "transcrpit" of my tax returns for free. They will send to me within 10 business days. IRS can also provide the exact tax file copy with $39 per year. I hope it is quick enough for the June 1st interview.

My questions are:
1. Whose tax return are required in the interview?
2. Did anybody use the IRS' 4506-T "transcprit" service for the interview? Did it work?

Thank you very much for your help!

what INS really wants to see is if you ever filed join tax return with your spouse.
Since he is the sponsor, then his taxes are the must. Make sure you got that and extra copies for INS to keep.
It won’t hurt to bring your own tax returns as well. Official IRS transcript works and it’s easy to read too,
Although you have only 5 business days left before your interview so hurry up.

Thank you!

Thank you very much, Jane!

Jane Green said:
what INS really wants to see is if you ever filed join tax return with your spouse.
Since he is the sponsor, then his taxes are the must. Make sure you got that and extra copies for INS to keep.
It won’t hurt to bring your own tax returns as well. Official IRS transcript works and it’s easy to read too,
Although you have only 5 business days left before your interview so hurry up.