URGENT!! Moulin Rogue and other CP experts.. Please help..

nanuJunior

Moulin Rogue and others..

Two days back I landed after my successful CP interview. Unfortunatly turn around situation in my office with huge layoffs. Interstingly my CP interview and immigration stamping is not known to my boss and he still feels that I should be spared from layoff. In present situation if I disclose that I got my greencard to my office(HR dept), I will be in deep troubles. Can I restrain disclosing this to my employer for couple of weeks?? what could be repurcations of not informing the employer immediatly after port of entry?? Bottom line is my job and I need to buy some time to get over this..(for 3 to 4 weeks) Please advice if I can hold on disclosing immediatly

Interesting... Its really the employer's responsibilities to know about your status change and to get an I9 updated. Legally, nothing can happen to you as far as the INS is concerned.. In case of an INS audit (rare) at your office, the employer can be fined.

Thanks Moulin,

Do you mean that I can waite for 2 to 3 weeks before I disclose my green card approval. I am taking off two days to just think on this before some thing adverse happens. Please advise...

Originally posted by Moulin Rouge
Interesting... Its really the employer's responsibilities to know about your status change and to get an I9 updated. Legally, nothing can happen to you as far as the INS is concerned.. In case of an INS audit (rare) at your office, the employer can be fined.

Need an openion..

Hi, Maulin:
I have completed my CP interview last month. I came back in USA. By reading this post, I got confused. Do we need to inform my company about my Green Card approval? Is it neccessary? I dont know why we have to inform them. Any way I am on Payroll. How does it really matters to the employer whether I am on GC or on H1?
Please post.

Re: Need an openion..

Originally posted by sm99999
How does it really matters to the employer whether I am on GC or on H1?
Please post.

All employers have to complete a I-9 employment eligibility verification form for ALL employee's. Your old form had eligibility determined by your H1 which is no longer valid. Hence you need to update the form with your new employment eligibility (GC). Its actually the employers responsibility but you need to meet them halfway to help them do it.