Urgent! Mine is approved; wife is transferred to local INS

PurpleGreen

Hi
My i485 is approved, but my wife's case is transferred to local INS on the day my case was approved.
Is this normal?
This is employer based I485. RD is Nov2001.

Thanks for your help!

Marriage Verification

If you had been married less than1-2 years when filing 485 you might be called to check marriage validity/verification

Take all documents which show proof of joint living status like

MC and marriage pictures...
house/apt lease papers
Car and health insurance with both names
Bank statements
Tax documents and returns
any other official document that shows both your names
They will check this and approve her if the above are in order.

jr4gc

Hi PurpleGreen,
I am also in the same boat as u!!!

My 485 got approved after all the HUNGAMA & Hindi film sequences.
The last twist in the story is that my wife's case has been transferred to Bloomington, MN.

Could you please post your details ? Is ur wife's case approved? What's the movement?

Dilip

Same here

Got approved and after a few days found out that wife's case was xferred to the local INS office in Minneapolis. I emquired about her status with the local IIO when I went down there for passport stamping. She sent an inquiry back to the nebraska office. I am not sure about what . Dilip when was your wifes case xferred. Ours was xferred May 19th and so far haven't heard from them. Please let me know of any progress on your case

Hi purplegreen

Hi,

My wife's case was transferred to Minneapolis on May22nd. Going by the notice she got from NSC, my lawyer says it is not for interview as a letter for an interview wud have different wordings. She feels it is more of NSC transferring some of the case load to the local offices. Hope she is right.

Dilip(GCAR)

P.S. Sorry for the delayed reply.

Interview Scheduled

Local office here in bloomington did send us the letter and scheduled the interview for August 26th