Urgent: Mehndi and fingerprinting

canttakemore

Registered Users (C)
My wide has mehndi on and i received fingerprint notice !

My question is - what do they take the finger prints of ? Entier hand or only the thumb ?

all fingers

they do take them from all fingers.. several times.. until they get it right...

pardon my ignorance.. what's mehndi?

Mehndi should not affect the quality of fingerprints. Mehndi is just a dye. It will not obscure the fingerprint pattern., which does not depend on visibility.

when your wife will approach to the officer at INS center for fp ,officer will ask her to show her hand,all fingers, as all fingers are to be printed. If they have any issues they will let you know there itself.

Mehndi is a kind of dye - people in India put on a lot of it on their palms. People use different design patterns.

Originally posted by ECGC
If it's a dye it can be removed prior to the FP, can't it?

No, it goes off in a few days. Worst case, you'd get a re-fp notice. Chances are there will be a big fat lady security officer who will examine your wife's fingers. Then it is upto her discreetion to let your wife take FP or not let her take FP and upto your bargaining skills.

Mehndi is the same as Henna.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ask your wife to wash her hands with soap 10-15 times a day that will fed it to great extent. Bleach feds it away pretty fast. Anyway your FP date will not be immediate. You should have 10-12 days. Menhdi goes away in 8-10 days.
Mehndi does not change the FP, but the officer as well as you might not be able to locate scars or cuts.

Best luck.

Try some sort of acetone based liquid like nail removers etc. Might take the henna our sooner.

It shouldn't be a problem, but you can never tell. usually fingerprinting is hassle free. And I am sure your wife can explain it away as a cultural thing.

So i guess i wasn't totally off when i said there should be something out there to remove a dye!!:D

ECGC,

Not sure if it will work, the dye kind of penetrates your epidermal layer, and it is only when you scour the cells off, it comes off. :)

Usually lots of soaping and scrubbing works.

It looks nice though, people sometimes use it as a temporary tattoo a la Maddona.

SPAM

ECGC,

Any Indian store, get one that comes in a conical plastic wrapping, you make a hole at the apex and squeeze the structure and lay out the pattern like icing on a cake. Better to have someone else put it on you. Let the paste remain on your hand for some time (The longer it is on your hand the deeper the color and longer it lasts).

Like they say with bleach, try some on in a place no one can see before getting to adventurous. :) Once it gets on, it is hard to get off. Though you can wash it off immediately.

spam

Putting it on places others can't see and using bleach/acetone to wash it off don't sound very appealing.I would rather use acetone and bleach on my hands than in those "other" places:D :D :D

Re: spam

Originally posted by ECGC
Putting it on places others can't see and using bleach/acetone to wash it off don't sound very appealing.I would rather use acetone and bleach on my hands than in those "other" places:D :D :D

Usually girls put it on their hands.

Spam: SillyMan's GC

what happened to your GC saga ?
are you back from canada? did you get ur GC back ?
where did they store it while you were gone?

Re: Spam: SillyMan's GC

Originally posted by linuxrox
what happened to your GC saga ?
are you back from canada? did you get ur GC back ?
where did they store it while you were gone?

linux, they never kept my GC, so I didn't have to get it back, and yes I am back from Canada.

One more issue worth noting. The girl quality in canada is way better than here.

Last edited by a moderator: