Urgent!!! Laid off!!!Travelling on Parol!!!!!!!!!

dgupta12

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
   I have a problem. I have my parol documents, I got laid off after, 4.5 months of filling for 485. I don\'t have a new job nor any new H1B. Can I travel to India, if immigration officer at the airport asked me about my job status, what should I say. Is it risky to travel.

Thanks

Ask your employer

going to India is not a problem. when u are coming back, you need valid(not expired & not cancelled) H1 stamped. As long as your ex employer keeps the H1 , you are fine. But if they inform to INS about lay off, you will be in trouble. so u better ask your ex company about your H1 status . usually they don\'t inform ins for 1 or 2 months after layoff. safe side is get a job offer before you leave US. any case, consult a good lawyer.

The guy says he doesn\'t have H1 visa ...

dgupta12 - do you have EAD? I guess since you don\'t have H1 visa, you are using that to work. In that case, be sure to have your EAD, AP and original I-485 receipt notice when you travel. Peace man, everything is going to be alright for you.

Please don\'t take the RISK of going to India

U may not be allowed to enter the country

Apply for EAD

Go and come back in AP. You will not be asked about your employer at the POE. AP is the safest document that can let you in this case. My opinion.

Is \'they will not ask\' = \'you should not tell\'? .

Please don\'t try to put words into my post. They will not ask which employer you are working for at POE while you are entering using AP.

I agree with Jaxen.

They will not ask you about job or employer if you are using AP to enter. Please make sure you have I-485 receipt along with AP documents.

* Disclaimer: Use the info at your own risk. I am NOT a lawyer *