Urgent - Jim Mills, Gurus and Experts - Advice on where to file 485!!

dallas_boy

Registered Users (C)
My first time around here. This is a great forum! Thanks to Rajiv Khanna.

I work for a consulting firm based out of Oakland, CA. I am working on a very long term client project in Dallas, TX.

My 140 got approved and attorney about to file 485. Need your advise.

Details:
LC - EB2, subst (Original LC aproved from SFO, CA) and the item no.7 [where the alien is going to work] in the LC says: Multiple locations

140 - applied and Approved from CA.

My residence has always been in Dallas, TX as i am on a very long term project here at a client location.
While filling the 485 form, i observed that it has to be sent to the INS center governing the area of jurisdiction of my residence.

Now i am getting a lot of doubts.

Am I allowed to file my 485 to INS office at CA?

If my 485 gets applied to CA INS office, then:

1. How will my EAD be processed ? Do i have to go to CA to file for my iEAD and for fingerprinting?
2. Can i safely use my Dallas address on the 485 too (i had the same address on 140 too)?
3. Because of my continued residence in Dallas, Will the INS CA office transfer my case to INS TX office in Mesquite ? Or at the time of adjudication of 485, will it be transferred to the local INS office in Dallas, TX ?
4. Does anyone have an idea what time lines will get applied to it, if at the time of adjudication of 485, my case gets transferred to Dallas office or to INS TX office at Mesquite ?
5. Is it possible that it can get approved at CA INS office without being transferred ?

I know these are lots of questions, but my attorney has also warned me that if the case gets transferred to TX office or Dallas office, it may take that much more longer.

Any one who had been in a similar situation as above, please advice me.

Thanks

D_B

Last edited by a moderator:
If you use Dallas address, the file has more chances to get it transferred to TSC.
If you think you can maintain the relationship with your employer, I suggest you use employer's or lawyer's contact address. Going to CA for IEAD or FP (you can do the FP at dallas too) is a minor inconvenience as compared to the long winding road called TSC's approval roadmap...