URGENT: Is FP required for EAD renewal?

gc_eb1ea

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I applied for my first EAD in May 2007 and had FP done in June 2007. I am now applying for my EAD renewal. Will there be another FP for the renewal?

This is really urgent as I am traveling to India in April for a month and I don't want to miss the FP appointment. Please let me know if you have info on this?

Thanks.

Who knows? FP is supposedly valid only for one year.

Your case appears to be very close in line with mine. I filed for a new EAD on Dec 26,2007 and nothing has happened since. Oh ofcourse, they cashed my check instantly.

EBI-EA-INDIA

I-140, premium filing, RD-march 2007, approved after RFE on June 29,2007

I-485, RD-march 2007, LUD-July 2007
FP-4/1/2007

2nd EAD- RD-12/26/2007, LUD-1/8/08

does anyone know what happens if you are not available to preent yourself at the fingerprinting facility on teh date USCIS asks you to?

This is serious. USCIS considers it abandonment of I-485 application.

USCIS considers the application is abandoned if no response is received within 120 days from day of FP appointmnet (Read I-485 SOP). If someone missess FP, then call USCIS to reschdule it.

I think you should be fine. The FPs are valid for 15 months and since you gave your FP in last June 2007, its valid until Sep 2008.

Dont worry too much and good luck.

Hi,

I applied for my first EAD in May 2007 and had FP done in June 2007. I am now applying for my EAD renewal. Will there be another FP for the renewal?

This is really urgent as I am traveling to India in April for a month and I don't want to miss the FP appointment. Please let me know if you have info on this?

Thanks.

I travel often and am out of the country - thats why I was concerned as to what happens when I received that notice and am out of the country. I guess Lakksh says I can call to reschedule. That would be greta. Also, can you guys tell me how much advance notice is given to me for appearing for FP? i.e. when you receive FP notice letter is the date in a month or so or in a week or so? Ty.

I travel often and am out of the country - thats why I was concerned as to what happens when I received that notice and am out of the country. I guess Lakksh says I can call to reschedule. That would be greta. Also, can you guys tell me how much advance notice is given to me for appearing for FP? i.e. when you receive FP notice letter is the date in a month or so or in a week or so? Ty.

Well, it depends, sometime notices come for next week.
if you are travelling on AP and you missed FP notice
You or ur lawyer can call or write based on ur stamped on I-94 and/or AP form to request FP................alternatively people tell friend sto check mails and call to reschedule from outside country.

Thanks doc. I will be travelling on H1. hmmm another issue to be dealt with... May be I should give my friends parents address as they never travel.

As other people have said, there is no FP for EAD renewal. So don't worry. Are you worried about 485 FP?

There is FP for EAD renewal! I did it myself for renewing my EAD. I filed for EAD renewal on Sep28,2007 and still I didnt get it after 3 infopass and 3 phonecalls to USCIS. Because of this I have lost my job and Im currently unemployed but nobody at USCIS cares to do something.

Hi,

My wife did her finger printing in August, 2006 and she applied for the renewal of EAD online in July, 2007. She had to do finger printing in August, 2007 again for the renewal, although the first printing was for I-485 and EAD application together. That means even though they say finger printing is valid for 15 months, but that is not the case 'always'. Second thing I have heard is if you submit online EAD application, they call you for the finger printing but if you submit by mail, chances are you may not get it (God knows how USCIS functions). You may better post this message in the EAD sub-section under I-485 section.