URGENT: Is Courtesy Copy OK for Stamping @ SF Office

GC-PAX

Registered Users (C)
I have received the Courtesy copy for my 485 approval. My lawyer must have received the original.

Can I go to the SF Sansome St Office with the Courtesy Copy and get the passport Stamping done.

Please advice urgently. I am planing to go early tommorow morning....I don't want to do it again.

Thanks in advance

probably not OK

My attorney told me that courtesy copy is NOT OK for stamping. You will be able to get the stamping, but it might delay the processing of the green card. My feeling is that waiting a few days for the original if you can get it would be better

Is your lawyer graduate of Jackass State University?

Stamping is "the end" of green card processing. Approval notice is required merely to get into BCIS building, thats it...

sv_raj said:
My attorney told me that courtesy copy is NOT OK for stamping. You will be able to get the stamping, but it might delay the processing of the green card. My feeling is that waiting a few days for the original if you can get it would be better

sv_raj said:

Is he going to charge $200.00 for sending you the original notice? Otherwise, why would he say so? Tell him "you are fired". You are approved anyway.

GC-PAX said:
I have received the Courtesy copy for my 485 approval. My lawyer must have received the original.

Can I go to the SF Sansome St Office with the Courtesy Copy and get the passport Stamping done.

Please advice urgently. I am planing to go early tommorow morning....I don't want to do it again.

Thanks in advance

HI GC-PAX,

How was your experience with stamping at SF sansome? Will need to go there this week as well? What time did you go?

Is there a bart station near?

Thanks!

inagony0302 said:
.Is there a bart station near?

Thanks!

The nearest station is Montgomery. USCIS office is 6 small blocks from station. From station take Sansome St exit and walk along this steet. Office is at the corner of Sansome and Washington.

pralay said:
The nearest station is Montgomery. USCIS office is 6 small blocks from station. From station take Sansome St exit and walk along this steet. Office is at the corner of Sansome and Washington.

Thanks pralay!

I went to SFO just on impulse at 12:00 PM. Wasn't too bad, was out by 3:00 PM. Don't bring any camera phones since they totally will not let you carry in any recording device. Also wear sock, since they might ask you to take your shoes off :)