• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Urgent- Interview in London - Translation needs to be notarized?

asgruber09

Registered Users (C)
I received my second letter today with the interview scheduled for January. For my surprise, the letter came with a annex from the US embassy in London with the list of all documents required but specifically requesting for “All documents not in English must be accompanied by certified translations into English. Translations must be in single copy and certified by qualified independent translator and sworn to before a Notary Public or Commissioner of Oaths”

It does surprise me the first letter did not ask for notarized documents and only requested “Your translation must include a statement signed by the translator that states the translator is competent to translate and the translation is accurate” ..Which I did for all my documents not in English.

Do I have now to get them notarized? I have done some searching on this forum and there are different opinions and situation but I am bringing my expiereince based on the information textually received in both letters

Any thoughts?

Many thanks,

asgruber09,

Don NOT pannic!

As far as I understand from “All documents not in English must be accompanied by certified translations into English. Translations must be in single copy and certified by qualified independent translator and sworn to before a Notary Public or Commissioner of Oaths”, it is a requirenment of the "translator" to be a Notary public or commissoner of Oaths; if so, the translations would be notarised.

My interview will be in London as well.
May I know the list of documents that they requested?

Please feel free to send me Private message.

Good Luck

I will also interview in London. What are the documents they requested :) I'm sorry I do not know the answers to your questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
I received my second letter today with the interview scheduled for January. For my surprise, the letter came with a annex from the US embassy in London with the list of all documents required but specifically requesting for “All documents not in English must be accompanied by certified translations into English. Translations must be in single copy and certified by qualified independent translator and sworn to before a Notary Public or Commissioner of Oaths”

It does surprise me the first letter did not ask for notarized documents and only requested “Your translation must include a statement signed by the translator that states the translator is competent to translate and the translation is accurate” ..Which I did for all my documents not in English.

Do I have now to get them notarized? I have done some searching on this forum and there are different opinions and situation but I am bringing my expiereince based on the information textually received in both letters

Any thoughts?

Many thanks,

I think if that's what they have requested, you should try and provide that. It's not late, you can get someone (Notary Public) to translate it in the UK for you.

For those asking, that’s the list of document that came on the 2nd letter

A- Passports
B- Birth certificates
C- Adoption Certificate
D- Deed Poll
E- Marriage Certificate
F- Divorce or Death Cert
G- Military Service Record
H- Police Certificate
I- Court Records
J- Photographs
K- High School Diploma
L- Evidence of Support
M- Translations
N- Medical Examinations

I think if that's what they have requested, you should try and provide that. It's not late, you can get someone (Notary Public) to translate it in the UK for you.

ammeck09,

Do you mean that documents HAVE TO be translated in the UK?!:confused:

asgruber09,

Don NOT pannic!

As far as I understand from “All documents not in English must be accompanied by certified translations into English. Translations must be in single copy and certified by qualified independent translator and sworn to before a Notary Public or Commissioner of Oaths”, it is a requirenment of the "translator" to be a Notary public or commissoner of Oaths; if so, the translations would be notarised.

My interview will be in London as well.
May I know the list of documents that they requested?

Please feel free to send me Private message.

Good Luck

I think this thing depends on the country you are orignally from. Some countries require that the translation be certified by government organ, say the minstry of foreign affairs. Such is the case in my case, with my divorce certificate. The certificate is in local language, I went to a translater and got it translated and they put their stam on it, but told me that the document is vaild abroad only it bears the seal of the foreing affairs. I went to the minstry and was told that any document, including an english translation, that goes abroad should carry their stamp, and I did got it stamped. So, good idea perhaps to check with your embassy in the UK.

By the way, my interview will also be in London, probably in March, but still waiting for 2NL.

Lets share expereicnes please

By the way, my interview will also be in London, probably in March, but still waiting for 2NL.

Lets share expereicnes please

You are right; it depends. in my country it is exactly like you.

What is your case number Lome? please do not mention the last 3 digits. (11***)

You are right; it depends. in my country it is exactly like you.

What is your case number Lome? please do not mention the last 3 digits. (11***)

USAHolic,

my case # is AF00016***

Please lets keep this thread alive and kikcing, sharing the our experiences

OK.

Do you have sponsor? or you are using your own assets?

Having read one of the threads right now, I am a bit shacken. I do not have as of now. I do not think I have that all money they are requiring - min of 15, 000, unless I win a lottery before march!!!.

I have friends in the US, and will probably call one of them and ask if they can do it. Given that my interview is nearning, I do not know where the sponsor form ought to be sent, KCC or US embassy in London?

best

Your sponsor may send the form i-134 to you and then you can take it with you to the interview or your sponsor may send it directly to the U.S embassy in London. nothing should be sent to KCC.