URGENT : Interim EAD at Arlington, VA

mitwaa

Registered Users (C)
My 485 and EAD RD is past 90 days now. (RD 04/23)

Any experience on getting interim EAD from Arlington, VA. ( Local INS)?

What are the things that i should take with me for the process?

How long will it take?

I heard that they issue interim EADs only on Wednesdays. I am planning to be there this Wednesday and so any input on the experience there - would be greatly appreciated.

Should i pay a fee at the INS for this?

I dont have the original 140 approval and the original receipt notices of 485, EAD filing.

is it okay that i carry a photocopy with me for this purpose?

Thanks a lot.

Mitwaa:confused:

In the same boat

Hello,

I am in the same boat. Please share your experience.

Thakns,

EAD at arlington

Guys,
Went there this morning (16th Jan 04). Be there early ( around 7.00am shud be fine) You need you I765 recepit notices. But here is the rub : they gave me a appointment for mar 10 !!!! my current ead expires end of Jan. Means I can't work after that. Does anyone know a way out this mess ?

Re: EAD at arlington

rpunit,
Which Place you are? I think you are from VA.
I am planning to go by next week. I applied on Oct 1st, but still waiting.
I called USCIS on thursday(01/15) then she said, we will get with in a day. If it is more than 90 days.

Here's my recent experience

First EAD expires: March 3, 2004

Renewal Receipt Date: October 22, 2003
Notice Date: October 27, 2003

I had been to the INS office in Arlington this morning (Jan 29. 2004) and managed to get an appointment for an interim card for the 18th of Feb, 2004 (much to my surprise, especially after reading some experiences on this website).

To anyone who's interested in the details -

I was at the office by 5 AM! There were already 3 people ahead of me. The office opens only at 7.30 AM and the two and a half hour wait in 6 degree weather was brutal. I'm surprised that I did not die of hypothermia. Some people brought chairs; one guy even brought a sleeping bag.

Once inside the office, things moved pretty fast. I was given a token number. At the counter, I was asked for my EAD (renewal) receipt notice. No other documents were reviewed. I was asked to fill out another EAD form (same as the one used for filing). Note, that I was asked to do so only because at that moment I did not have a copy of the EAD form that was filed. I was then given an appointment date of Feb 18.

I hope this helps others who find themselves in similar situations. Wish you all the best of luck!