urgent information requested regarding I485

zyx2002

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am very close to this never ending green card process. My FP was done in November 17th. However recently somehow one of my colleagues whom I trusted as a friend has betrayed me and has notfied my manager that I would like to quit my job as soon as possible. My manager is a evil guy and he is somewhat of a sadist. He is talking to HR and exploring options somehow to cancel the whole GC process.

My I140 got approved in June 2004 and my priority date is July 2001. My I485 was applied in Dec 2003.

I am very critical to the company for I single handedly look into a necessary software module in our product. So they cant fire me atleast not in next 2-3 months.

Can my company revoke the I140 and/or withdraw the I485 petition?

Under this scenario what is the best option I have to wait till I get the GC
which can come any day or shall I change job immediately?

You are safe as ur I-140 got approved and ur are over the 180 day threshold limit.

If ur employer poses problems, change ur job using AC21 Law.

Even if your employer revokes ur I-140, it won't affect ur case as u are over ur threshold.

Work it out with ur employer, otherwise find a new Job

Hope ur problem will be solved. Good Luck

first you talk to manager and discuss that you are going to stay for a while after you get your green card.. ( i would add that .. to your manager that it is your friend who is not going to stay :) ..create as much confusion as you can ..)

in parallel look for job and once you get it ( and you are covered by AC21 ) switch the job..even if you don't change have a job handy

Last edited by a moderator:
What ever happens just do not get Fired

Make all efforts to be in job. wheather its with the curent employer or with a different employer.

Below is my opinion:

The worse that your Company can do is inform USCIS that you no longer work for that company. This they anyway have to do by law since you are currently a non-Immigrant This usually results in your case getting transferred to the local office and you will be called in for interview where you have to prove (paystubs etc) that you are working in a similar field provided that you have applied for AC21.

Here is what I will do.......

Call up the lawyers directly and ask them how are things going on with your case ..... I hope your lawyers are not a part of yur company. They will let you know if the HR department has ordered anything on your case.

Next go to your Manager and clear things out about your so called friend. Remember put emotions aside and talk business. Trust me he knows very well that you may leave after the green card the day he applied for it. They all know that. Now its his job to keep you.

Hey you may get a salary raise out of this whole thing ...... you never know....

Good Luck !!!!!

Why don't you change job now? What's the fun staying with a sadist manager and betrayal friend? Now you only need the company for a couple more paychecks to foot the bills while you're looking for a new job.

But I know sometimes people can be lazy looking for a new job and willing to stay with status quo. I was one of such people too at one time, but then I congratulated myself that change was good!

things agr somewhat more complicated

I had a surgery few months back ( hurt myself practicing martial arts) and recuperating and need to go for physical therapy for few more months. Due to medical insurance etc I would prefer to stay put some more time. But I dont know if this is feasible.

Well in my case all the bad things happened simultaneously.

So many problems comes in life. The green card rules never look into them. It should be more human. But what is the use of complaining. No one will listen. Just a waste of time I guess.

It should not be a problem. You could always use AC21. Even I am planning to use one.

BTW, is surgery due to disc slip?