Urgent Info

renusun

Registered Users (C)
Any response is highly appreciated:

I have a pending I-485 application based on employment....which has been now pending forever. Recently my husband became a USC and applied I130 for me which was approved. Do I need a separate I-485 for this? What happens next?

Thank you for your help

renusun said:
Any response is highly appreciated:

I have a pending I-485 application based on employment....which has been now pending forever. Recently my husband became a USC and applied I130 for me which was approved. Do I need a separate I-485 for this? What happens next?

Thank you for your help

You needed to file concurrently I-130 and I-485.
You would have saved plenty of time.
Anyways, just send the I-485 with all supporting docs including a copy of approved I-130.

Thanks for your reply.

The only reason I did not send it out with I 130 is because I already have a pending I485 since 2003. I just hung up with NSC customer service and they said I can use the same I-485 except I need to notify them to change the category to family based. We'll see what happens.

New I-485

My suggestion would be to apply for new I-485. It will be filed as a new parallel case. If everything goes fine it can be approved in 4-5 months (see timelines in this forum). if something goes wrong with any of the 2 I-485s the other one is still there as a backup. You will get the first one approved and other will be abandoned.

PS: I wont bet my case on something told by NSC customer service.