Urgent info required

vnand

Registered Users (C)
I plan to travel with AP and have the following concern. During my H1 period I was out of project and was not paid for more than 6 months but I had a valid H1 and I94 all the time. Later I got a project and was paid and I applied for AOS as a dependent. My concern is if I travel with AP will I have any problem at POE in return because of this.
Has anyone been in similar situation and traveled with AP?

Blinkingstar

Thanks for reply Blinkingstar, but can you be more specific with what is no, not at all.

It is employer's responsibility to pay you while on bench. If he didn't pay it is not your problem. If you compain to Labor department, they will ask your employer to pay you for that period. While re-entering country on AP, no one will ask or check for all pay stubs. So don't worry and enjoy trip back home.

because it is not realated to your AP in anyway. they can check validity of AP, H1, I-94, this is your employer responsibility to pay. you were all the time in status. you was not out of status. paying or not paying is not related to this.

At the port of entry all they check for is your AP validity(dates). Dont even bother abt ur bench time. If you are visiting india, take atleast 2 copies of ur AP. otherwise you may have to give one of ur original AP to them.

Few more thing they check at the POE are ur baggage's :D
safe trip :cool: