Urgent info required

vnand

Registered Users (C)
I plan to travel with AP and have the following concern. During my H1 period I was out of project and was not paid for more than 6 months but I had a valid H1 and I94 all the time. Later I got a project and was paid and I applied for AOS as a dependent. My concern is if I travel with AP will I have any problem at POE in return because of this.
Has anyone been in similar situation and traveled with AP?

If you are using AP, then all they check at POE is whether the I-485 is a valid petition and pending and the validity of AP. That's all and they are not going to look whether you are paid or not. So don't worry and have a happy vacation. Just take copies of I485 receipt, EAD if you have one and all other immigration documents and most importantly a letter of employment with the sponsoring employer if you can as it will help in case if you asked to prove your employment.

vnand said:
I plan to travel with AP and have the following concern. During my H1 period I was out of project and was not paid for more than 6 months but I had a valid H1 and I94 all the time. Later I got a project and was paid and I applied for AOS as a dependent. My concern is if I travel with AP will I have any problem at POE in return because of this.
Has anyone been in similar situation and traveled with AP?

Thanks Needhelp1

I don't have a employer as iam dependent and I applied as depandent for AOS. My concern is that will my previous history effect my entry and by using AP will it effect my AOS.

Trust me. When you are entering AP all they care is whether your I485 of yours and your primary is a valid pending petition and they will look for the validity of your AP. That's all. Sometimes they might just ask you few questions relating to your I485 case status. That's all they care when you are using AP. So don't worry about unnessary issues and try to enjoy your vacation.