Urgent Info reqd. on Travel/ AC21 rules

Padhu

Registered Users (C)
Hi

My 180 days is completed and here are details; (this is also for a friend of mine) RD= April 19th, ND = June 9th , FP done - oct 31st Recd. EAD cards for both me and my wife. Here is the problem:

1. I may get laid off in Feb. My H1 stamping on passport is till Jan 15th.
I can now use my EAD to get another new job with same profile, or should I get a new H1 ? (have one yr left for 6 yr quota)

2. What should I do if I need to inform INS if I dont get approval by Feb?

3. Also I have Advance parole till Sep next yr. If I need to travel to India say in March or April, what do i do? I have no stamping in passport. Can I just use AP? Won\'t the officers say that the Visa has expired? Or can I show the 485 recept notice?

Would really appreciate any information on this issue?

Thanks

No Title

Using EAD to get a new job comes with a small amount of risk - if for any reason, your I-485 gets denied (chances are extremely remote), then your status will be invalid. The other option for you is to get an H1-transfer for one more year and apply for the 7th year H1 after the expiry. However, given the current market conditions, getting a sponsor for an H1 might be more difficult than finding an employer using your EAD.

Regarding the travel in April, if you have already used your EAD to work at a new firm, your H1-B is no longer valid. So, I guess that you need not have to worry about not have a stamping on your passport.

Hope that you get your appoval by Feb.

info

does that mean that if i use my EAD , then i cannot travel.(even though I have Advance Parole)?

No Title

It means that if you are using the EAD, then you cannot use your H1B visa for travelling. You will have to use your AP. So if your
H1B visa has expired, it doesn\'t matter. INS will let you in with your AP.

Yes

Yes, after u switch jobs using EAD, you can re-enter the country with EAD and AP. Expired H1 should not matter.