Urgent Info Needed

Sita

Registered Users (C)
I am planning to get married .I have filed 485 long time back and it can be approved at any time.

Please let me know what are all the procedures to add my spouse so that he can also get green card or is there any other option available? The person whom I am going to get married in under H1 visa.I am currently on EAD.

FYI

As long as your I-485 not approved yet, he can file his I-485 as your dependent. But once yours is approved, he has to start his own application from the very beginning.

Good luck.

Do It ASAP

My Brother went back to India after Green Card because he just
couldn\'t get his wife here!!
If possible do a court marriage and file it like tomorrow if your
case is about to be approved. You can also file for CP for your
husband.
If you file for CP he will get the green card with you. If you
file for 485 now he will get green card in his sweet time (10-12 months)

Here\'s what i did

Hi sita,

I had a similar situation. I had applied for 485 in june and added my spouse to my application in december. As long as you go to court immedietly and get married and get a marraige certificate and apply for your spouce you will be covered. But again you should rush, don\'t waste time now. You could opt for 485, i don\'t know about CP. If you\'ve opted for 485 already then don\'t go crazy over it. Apply for spouce on 485 as well.

good luck
hope99

Can I add it after approval too?

I am getting married in April. If my 485 gets approved after marriage but before we can apply for her 485.. then what? Ms Murthy, says you can apply even after approval if the marriage date was before AD. Is that true? Any one knows about any such experience?

Thanks in advance.

Do I need to be in USA on RD/ND date?

I am getting married on Feb 18, 2002 and coming back on March 10. I would like to file my 485 with in a week. All documents are ready but my lawyer suggesting me that I should wait till my marriage and apply 485 for both. Due to market conditions I don\'t want to waste 2 months.
If I file next week will there be any problem while adding spouse to my 485. I am going to India on Feb 12. If I apply 485 before that date, will my RD/ND before Feb 12. If not during that RD/ND I will be in India. Is that a problem?
Any input is appreciated.
Thanks
rangav