Urgent info. needed on INS practice with regard to returned mail

vsctxgc

Registered Users (C)
Folks, it may be the case that my spouse\'s EAD card mailed by VSC Dec. 30th has been returned by the post office since only her married name appears on our mailbox. What does INS do in a situation like this? Does it resend the card etc.? If so, what kind of turnaround time can one expect? We have been waiting forever now for my spouse\'s card, only to land in this unfortunate situation. Any input will be highly appreciated, and welcome. RD Aug. 24,00; RFE (photos) Oct. 31, AD Nov. 27. Thanks.

No Title

It is a good idea to inform the Post Office about all possible last names that you or your family may have.

No Title

arun, of course we have informed the post office now. The question is that how do we rectify the situation as regards getting the card back from the INS.

No Title

Hi
  It is not a big issue. Ask your lawyer to send a letter saaying this and they will send the EAD to your lawyer itself. This happened to me ( My wife EAD returned to INS ). Also inform Post Office about the name change. But ask your lawyer to send a letter and get it back. It takes 1 month to get it back.

Kannan Ram