Urgent: How do I obtain proof of ticket payment?

NY_Applicant

Registered Users (C)
Hello, my interview is next week. I listed a ticket that appears on my DMV record 4-5 years ago. The ticket was in California.

I plan to fly to California to obtain a proof that the ticket was paid (I have no record of payment myself).

Where do I go to to get the proof of paid ticket? I will only have one business day to do this. Any other recommendations?

Thanks so much in advance.

You may to go in person or request thru mail for court disposition lettter. I called SFO court clerk, and lady their said that I need to go in person or request thru mail.

But where, which court do I go to? This was in sourthern california, they have many counties. I only have my DMV printout. Thanks again.

I guess, after reading all discussion on speeding ticket, if it is less than $500 and not DUI then you don't need to worry about it. You can take DMV record and tell truth to IO about yout ticket.

I've seen it in the posts that if you listed a ticket you have to bring the court disposition letter. I never even went to court, just paid the fine. Pls help!!

Did you pay by the check? Then see if you can get cancelled check from bank (or image of it) Second option is to call the DMV in the state where ticket was issued and ask for drivers record. That record will list the citation and it's status as paid. (This may take longer than a week though)
If you paid by credit card, Check if you have the statement that shows it was paid.
In my case, I had a parking ticket that I listed but IO never asked anything for it since ticket amount was < 500. If your ticket amount was < 500 and no DUI, chances are you won't have any problem. Do tell them honestly that you do not have a proof but you paid it.
Good luck

Hello, my interview is next week. I listed a ticket that appears on my DMV record 4-5 years ago. The ticket was in California.

I plan to fly to California to obtain a proof that the ticket was paid (I have no record of payment myself).

Where do I go to to get the proof of paid ticket? I will only have one business day to do this. Any other recommendations?

Thanks so much in advance.
Do the following:

1. Search on the Web for California Courts.
2. Call a couple and explain the problem and tell them which City your ticket was issued.
3. Call the County Court and explain that you need a court certified copy of the ticket.
4. Either provide a Credit Card number over the phone or send a check for the amount including a self-addressed envelope.

NOTE: It will take several phone calls and you will be put on hold. Be prepared for rude staff members. It will take at least 2-3 days by the time you get to the right place for the record. Be patient.