Urgent Help!

yafayez

Registered Users (C)
Urgent help,

I was hired on a contract (with a university) that will end Nov. 30 2005.

My employer made a mistake and applied for a change of status for me (F1 to H1) for only one year starting Nov. 1st 2004 and ending Nov.1st 2005 instead of Nov. 30 as the date of my contract ends.

Now here is the delimma, is it possible for my employer to file an extension for my H1 status for the reminaning 30 days (from Nov. 1st to Nov. 30). I heard that there is a minimum of 1 year extension ( is this correct?).

I sent this note to the H-visa section in this forum but I did not get any feedback so I am seeking help from the experts here. Thanks

yafayez said:
Urgent help,

I was hired on a contract (with a university) that will end Nov. 30 2005.

My employer made a mistake and applied for a change of status for me (F1 to H1) for only one year starting Nov. 1st 2004 and ending Nov.1st 2005 instead of Nov. 30 as the date of my contract ends.

Now here is the delimma, is it possible for my employer to file an extension for my H1 status for the reminaning 30 days (from Nov. 1st to Nov. 30). I heard that there is a minimum of 1 year extension ( is this correct?).

I sent this note to the H-visa section in this forum but I did not get any feedback so I am seeking help from the experts here. Thanks

i have an experience with 6 month extention....

my lawyer told me the H1B extension can get at most 180 days after you filed the paperwork even though you do not get any notice.
Good luck!

lthy said:
my lawyer told me the H1B extension can get at most 180 days after you filed the paperwork even though you do not get any notice.
Good luck!

Ithy:

Please clarify. I don't understand. Thanks