Urgent help

reddy12

Registered Users (C)
15 months back I applied my I-485 at vermont service center,
my I-140 was approved 8 months back, recently (3 months back) I moved company from A to B, now my project is finishing with Company B, My question is what kind of precations I have to take about my I-485. I appreciate your valuable information (Inadvance). and also at this time can I join any other company, is there any chances to ask INS about my I-485.I don't know at this time how many days are taking to approval I485.

Thanks friends

You can join any company and whenever you want AS LONG AS your new job description is simillar to the one on the Labor Certificate and your salary is around what is mentioned on the Labor Certificate.

You can also be unemployed untill the time you are issued an REF or asked for an interview, and at that time, you will need a job that is simillar to the one mentioned on the LC.

No one can predict when your 485 will be approved, so just to be on the safe side, try to get another job as soon as possible.

Hi Guju,

>>You can also be unemployed untill the time you are issued an >>REF or asked for an interview, and at that time,

Memo says Nothing abt Unemployed. But It Required Full time
Position at the time of RFE or Interview(As you Said).

In my case , i was unemloyed for most of months in 2003, Just 15k Earining(my past Employer).
Will INS take this very easy, if RFE is isssued on W2s.

recently i have chagned the employer & earning as given in LC.

thanks
sank

I-485 is for a FUTURE job, so as long as you have an employer saying that once you get your 485 approved, he will employ you full time and as per the terms and conditions mentioned in the LC, you should be safe. However, in the end it comes down to your luck and what the immigration officer feels.

I know a friend of mine has applied for his 485 as a chef, but right now he is working on a completely different job. His lawyer said he will be fine since the 485 is for a future job.

This is a very greay area, so I would suggest you talk to your lawyer.

Originally posted by kshashikanth
You are not allowed more 180 days with out employment

This is a complete misread of the various 180 day rules out there. Once your I-485 is filed you need not work a single day until it is approved.