Urgent Help with EB1 - EA

irving_tech

Registered Users (C)
Hi -

I know several people have asked this question before. I need to apply for my EB1 -EA and was not able to find any reference letter samples. My attorney did not provide any reference.

Since, I need to apply immediately due to visa issues, can anyone PLS PLS send me any sample reference letters for EB1- EA. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Pls treat this as urgent and thanks for all the help in advance.

EMAIL: IRVING_TECH@HOTMAIL.COM

Rederence Letter Sample 1

January 30, YYYY

Dear Sir/Madam:

This letter is offered on behalf of Dr. XXXXX and in connection with the petition on his behalf to the Immigration and Naturalization Service for permanent residency.

I believe I am qualified to comment on the qualifications of Dr. XXXXXX. I worked as a Senior Research Engineer at ZZZZZZ from 1991 to 2000 and have worked with Dr. XXXXXX for over a year and half at Company1 . I am currently the Chief Technology Officer of ZZZZZZZ based in San Jose, CA. I have a PhD in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and have had the pleasure, throughout my career, of managing and/or mentoring many colleagues and professionals engaged in advanced research. Thus, I feel eminently qualified to comment on Dr. XXXXX abilities.

Dr. Gopal Racherla’s accomplishments attest to his outstanding abilities in the field of Computer Science, specifically in the research and development of advanced networking paradigms and algorithms. Dr. XXXXXX is well-respected in his field as attested by his editorship in several top international journals and his involvement in international conferences as an invited session chair and program committee member. He is well-published and is an acknowledged expert in routing for wireless networks. I have personally worked a great deal with Dr. XXXXXX on advanced network security research and can confirm that he is indeed a world-class expert on networking.

Dr. XXXXXX has made contributions in a variety of projects at Company1. His work in a network security project that I managed has the potential of revolutionizing the commercial network security market. In addition, this work has already contributed greatly to several DARPA research programs. Dr. XXXXXX is a deep thinker and a tremendous resource to any organization involved in cutting-edge technology.

Dr. XXXXXX continues to do pioneering applied research and development at Company2 Inc in the area of broadband wireless access. His extraordinary technical leadership is a great resource at organization like Company2 where he is able to combine his expertise in wireless technology with the development and deployment of commercially viable solutions.

I firmly believe he will continue to make outstanding contributions to networking-related and other advanced technologies, both in terms of state-of-the-art research and commercial innovation.

Dr. ABCD

of course, this is only a sample, used lots of times - so use your imagination !

Last edited by a moderator:
I did not use this thing as it is - neither would anyone who wants to get a green card. This is a sample that might be helpful for someone who has no idea of what a letter of recommendation for INS is.

Thanks for your comments, Jelly - I am so involved in the process already that I completely forgot to say these things. They are obvious to me, but, you are right, not to those who've just started.

leto said:
I did not use this thing as it is - neither would anyone who wants to get a green card. This is a sample that might be helpful for someone who has no idea of what a letter of recommendation for INS is.

Thanks for your comments, Jelly - I am so involved in the process already that I completely forgot to say these things. They are obvious to me, but, you are right, not to those who've just started

it is ridiculous :D why do you want to do things which could be confusing to newcomers like me. :cool: do not provide incomplete and confusing information. this is not a joke, for people like me this is a question of whole carreer and life. In china there is a saying "if you dig hole for others, one day you will fall in this yourself :mad: . so either provide complete information or keep quite. don't misguide us. thanks
honghui zhou

Amazing. I better remove the thing.

Oh, please, can you think for yourself just a LITTLE BIT?

Ok, the infamous sample I posted above - trying to HELP - MIND YOU! - I just found it yesterday on the internet. I was so glad to share it with people who have no clue yet about the writing such stuff!! And you know why ??

If I had recieved even this bit of information that I stumbled upon AFTER having written the letters of recommendantion myself, it would have been much easier for me to write them !

If you want a letter that is taylored to your case - you have to write it yourself - it is as simple as that. No one will make you a present of a letter that is efficient and right for you.

BTW, proverbs are just like samples - bland and misused for any occasion -that is why I cannot stand them at all.
On the other hand, a more constructive thing would be if people could just post documents and stuff right here, on this forum.

I cannot agree more. Leto's doing you a favor by posting a sample and you have the audacity to attack her. There's another saying "Don't spit in the well, you may need to drink from it later." Honghui, you're getting your money's worth here! If you're so dissatisfied there're hordes of trained professionals out there who'll be happy to solve your problems.

In general I look at this and a couple of other recent similar threads with utter fascination. I mean, if one intends to claim to be of national interest, exceptional and outstanding abilities he'd better be able to write these letters him/herself.

honghui said:
it is ridiculous :D why do you want to do things which could be confusing to newcomers like me. :cool: do not provide incomplete and confusing information. this is not a joke, for people like me this is a question of whole carreer and life. In china there is a saying "if you dig hole for others, one day you will fall in this yourself :mad: . so either provide complete information or keep quite. don't misguide us. thanks
honghui zhou

Honghui,

There is no "professional" advice in this forum, so any chance of being misguided should be minimal.

In my non-professional opinion, the sample letter above is not nearly strong enoug for EA-EB1. I would take a whole page explaining what the candidate does in language plain enough for the reviewer to understand and repeatedly state how outstanding this work is.

As for the original poster (and others who have asked for them), there is no magical letter that will get posted here. I have helped others in this forum privately with their letters, but after they have put in a little bit of research of their own. A last minute plea for a letter before their current status expires can not possibly be helped *here*. They will simply have to pay the price for waiting until the last minute: Pay big bucks for a lawyer to help them out or fall out of status.

Brian

"Another thing "Immigration and Naturalization Service" no more exists now it is "United States Citizenship and Immigration Services". Be very careful in these technical things. These kind of mistakes can cause rfe and sometimes even denial."

Is this true? Can using INS in the letters instead of USCIS cause denial? Does anyone have any experience?

(Possibly if you write checks in the name of INS that might produce a denial).

Honghui,
You should not expect everything from this forum. This forum is just for information exchange so you can not expect too much from this. It is better to hire an attorney even if it costs few thousand bucks, it gives peace of mind. After a lot of search and research I am also planning to hire an attorney. But if you have time and you are willing to do things yourself you can try some of the DIY available in the market.
-Tom

tom2 said:
Honghui,
But if you have time and you are willing to do things yourself you can try some of the DIY available in the market.
-Tom
Tom2, what is meant by DIY? Where can I find it? I am a post doc, I did Ph.D. from China. I have 2 published papers and one communicated. which category should I try.

honghui said:
Tom2, what is meant by DIY? Where can I find it? I am a post doc, I did Ph.D. from China. I have 2 published papers and one communicated. which category should I try.
DIY means Do-It-Yourself kit. A lot has been talked about this in other threads. Two most popular sites which were recommended by others to me are:
www.greencardforyou.com
http://www.qunsoft.50megs.com/immigration/USA/index.html

About your other questions, I think since you have only two published papers so extraordinary category will be very tough. You can try for NIW. But I am also quite new in this field so you should consult some more experienced person also.

tom2 said:
DIY means Do-It-Yourself kit. A lot has been talked about this in other threads. Two most popular sites which were recommended by others to me are:
www.greencardforyou.com
http://www.qunsoft.50megs.com/immigration/USA/index.html

About your other questions, I think since you have only two published papers so extraordinary category will be very tough. You can try for NIW. But I am also quite new in this field so you should consult some more experienced person also.
Thank you tom2.