URGENT HELP REQUIRED!!! case transferred to Newark/Teterboro office

akki99

Registered Users (C)
Friends,
I am in deep trouble. My case has been transferred to local INS office at Newark.

PD --- 05/1999, RD --- 07/02/2001, ND --- 08/20/2001, FP --- 12/13/2001,
EB3, NJ , TD --- 05/06/2001

Case details:
------------
I started my GC process through compnay A in May 1999 under EB3. Got LC and I-140 approved through comapny A. Left company A in March 2001 and joined another company B, as company A was not able to find me a new assignment. In the mean time company A promised to continue my GC process.
After the dates became current in June 2001. I filed for my AOS (485) and submitted an employment letter from company A. I also changed my attorney.
In Feb 2002, my new attorney suggested me that I can take advantage of the AC-21 law (change of job after 180 days) so I sent employment letter from my current employer B in Feb. Now my case is transferred for an interview.

If anybody under similar situation please respond or guys, if you have any suggestions please help me out.

Thanks!!!!!

calm down

u r not in deep trouble. The mistake you did is to send letter of employment. It is NOT mandatory bu law. It is just voluntary. I went theough interview at newark and got GC.

You need to carry all the documentation and looks to me that switching employment triggers this and most probably in interview you will be asked to prove curent employment.

jp1996, thanks for the encouragement

Yeah, I agree that it was stupid on my part to send the new letter of employment proactively.
Why was your case transferred for interview and when? In how many months did you get scheduled for the interview after the case was transferred?

Thanks for your help!!!

Mine is similar case.

I Started my GC with company A while working for Company B (still with company B) and filed my I485 last month and expecting to get my work permit by June. then i am planning to switch to Company A using my work permit. AKKI99 & JP1996 any comments. any precautions do i need to take, thanks

rajvisa1 it sounds pretty safe!

Remember that GC is for future employment. So when you filed your GC from company A, you intent to work for company A after GC approval and company A also intent to hire you after approval.
So now if you switch back to company A, you are proving your intent.

This is just my opinion of course from little knowledge I have gained so far. But your best bet is to consult an attorney.

cheer up...

Otherwise you would not have been so scared!!! Don\'t worry, everything should be okay. 3 of my colleagues were transfered from VSC to Newark for local processing (all from NJ). All 3 were approved.

jf77rk .... question for you

Do you know if all 3 of your friends were asked to get their "Employment letter" for the interview.
Also, when did they have their interviews ? Was it in the last couple of months or was it a while ago.

I am asking because my case was transferred on May 1st, and I have changed jobs 7 1/2 months after my RD.

Thanks,
fib

case trans

my case was transferred because my fps were not clear. I have to produce letter of good moral character from the police (a pretty ez stuff)