URGENT HELP PLS - 485 Receipt numbers not found from Online case status

MI485pending

Registered Users (C)
All,

I came to India on 19th November for Vacation, during departure in US there was an announcement that who ever hold an I94 should go to US-VIST box which takes our photo and index fingerprint in the airport (Exit process from US) It is a mandatory process for those who dont have greencard / US passport, so I and my spouse went to US_VIST box and got our photo and index fingerprint taken in the airport.

It seems this is the new exit process when one without US passport / greencard leaves the US.

On 21st when I checked the online case status in India, I got the below message

Validation Error(s)
You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:
Case Status Retrieval Failed
Status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283

I am using AP to re-enter US. I am worried as to why our 485's are not in the online case status.

Please advise your thoughts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I don't think the online status check problem is related to US-VISIT. I've used US-VISIT two times recently when travelling abroad. I've returned using AP. The online status is OK.

Anyway, I would call BCIS and talk to a person regarding the online check problem.

MI485pending said:
All,

I came to India on 19th November for Vacation, during departure in US there was an announcement that who ever hold an I94 should go to US-VIST box which takes our photo and index fingerprint in the airport (Exit process from US) It is a mandatory process for those who dont have greencard / US passport, so I and my spouse went to US_VIST box and got our photo and index fingerprint taken in the airport.

It seems this is the new exit process when one without US passport / greencard leaves the US.

On 21st when I checked the online case status in India, I got the below message

Validation Error(s)
You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:
Case Status Retrieval Failed
Status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283

I am using AP to re-enter US. I am worried as to why our 485's are not in the online case status.

Please advise your thoughts.

It doesn't connect to US_VISIT.
I met the same message a few days ago. Sounds the system is updated. Then, for a while you check again, everything should be fine.
Mu family in- and-out for many time before we got i-485 approval.

more

Orchidee said:
It doesn't connect to US_VISIT.
I met the same message a few days ago. Sounds the system is updated. Then, for a while you check again, everything should be fine.
Mu family in- and-out for many time before we got i-485 approval.

At that day, I think 21th of November, I key in all my family's number again and again. I got the same message like you got. Don't worry! Now I got approval of my i-485.

It's been over 3 weeks still our 485 case receipts does not exist in the online system, So I called NSC customer service about this, the representative did a search and said she will have to transfer to an other representative,I was on hold for an hour, then the representative came on line and said that they see our 485's in the system and mentioned there is some issue in the online case status. She mentioned that our case is under review.

Has any one encountered this issue?

My wife's I-485 is also doing the same thing from last one month. She did call customer service and they said they have the case in the system and showing as pending.
I am sure its a system problem.

Today I called NSC, the customer service rep did transfer to an immigration officier, where the immigration officier said that my case is in the system and it is "under review". I did do an enquiry and the immigration officier said I will receive an update on my case status with in 30 days.

Does any one happened to know what does "under review" mean?

I have gone through the exact same problem and even my I485 case does not pull up online for both me and my wife. I called back in Nov 2006 to do an address change and they said they cannot find it and transferred me to another agent and she said she found our cases and did a change of address and I also got a letter in the mail saying that my address has changed