Urgent Help!! Pleaseeeee

alex28eg

Hi: my story is, i came to USA in June 2001 with a B1/B2 Visa and i been here since.i got married recently to a USC in October 2007.i filed my I-485 and I-765 in Novmber,i got the confirmation latter from USCIS in Decmber.then i was asked to send more documents about taxes and something concern the NSEERS.wich i didn't know what it was so i send the other documents with a copy of my egyptian passport for the NSEERS thing.then i did my biomertic in Jan 10th 2008.since then i didn't got and thing back. i called the USCIS many times,checked online and it was always the same{ your applications is still in process}.till 2 days ago,i got a notice from USCIS saying that { service's intent to deny your I-765 and I-485 under the INA}!! because my faliure to clearly established that i have been registered with NSEERS!! and they gave my an interview on April29 in chicago at the ICE office.guys i don't know what they gonna do at that interview,and i don't know what is the NSEERS,but if it was that big alien registration thing that they did a few years ago,wich i didn't do .i really appriciate if any one can tell me about the whole thing.thanks a lot

NSEERS stands for National Security Entry-Exit Registration System. Look at:

http://www.ice.gov/pi/specialregistration/

It's basically a stamp in your passport acknowledging that you've registered with legacy INS (now ICE) at the time of your entry, or if you've been here before they enacted the program, at the time they asked for registration.

I would be very careful and make sure that I provide all the documents about my NSEERS registration. If you've not registered, I think you need to talk to a very good immigration attorney before you go to the interview.

Below is the list of people required to register. Nonimmigrant alien visitors subject to NSEERS registration at the Port of Entry:

- Certain citizens or nationals of Iran, Iraq, Libya, Sudan and Syria, as designated by the DHA Secretary in the Federal Reister.
- Nonimmigrants who have been designated by the State Department
Any other nonimmigrant, male or female regardless of nationality, identified by immigration officers at airports, seaports and land ports of entry in accordance with 8 CFR 264.1(f)(2).

Egyptian are not on the list. So unless you were required to register by mail I think you will not have to worry. You should follow pacman's advice and see a very good immigration lawyer and take him with you at the interview.

Search for 'CALL-IN GROUP 4' in the following link;

http://www.ice.gov/pi/specialregistration/archive.htm

"CALL-IN GROUP 4 (extended 2/19/03): CITIZENS OR NATIONALS OF Bangladesh, Egypt, Indonesia, Jordan, or Kuwait"

Citizens of Egypt were also required to appear for special registration.

Whoever appeared for special registration at that time, fingerprints were taken and fingerprint identification number ("FIN") was written on the I-94/Passport by the agency. Most probably they are asking you to provide the "FIN".

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everybody: thanks a lot for your answers..but do any one of you knows what will happen on this ICE interview?i mean if any one had that experince before..caus i read that some were sent to a judge to get the FIN.and the uscis gave me only 10 days after that interview to send back the FIN no.

alex
I AM IN THE EXACT SAME SITUATION AS YOU ARE. BUT I AM IN NEW YORK CITY. I AM SCHEDULED FOR THE NSEERS INTERVIEW ON MAY 13TH. IT SEEMS THAT YOUR SIS TODAY. DONT WORRY A LOT MY LAWYER TOLS ME THAT IT IS PART OF THE AOS PROCEDURE TO BE REFERRED TO ICE WHEN YOU WERE SUBJECT TO SPECIAL REGISTRATION AND YOU DIDNT COMPLY, AND THAT BASICALLY THEY WILL REGISTER YOU AND THEN YOU CAN GO ON WITH YOUR CASE. I HOPE EVERYTHING GOES FINE FOR YOU, PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT EXACTLY HAPPENED DURING THE INTERVIEW AND WHAT QUESTIONS WERE ASKED, I AM KIND OF ANXIOUS ABOUT IT TOO. PLEASE RESPOND TO ME IN MY EMAIL: mdine@hunter.cuny.edu
thank you so much and good luck