Urgent Help!!! Permanent resident marrying outside USA

tot-batot

Registered Users (C)
Guys and Gurus please help me out here!
One of my friends who is a US permanent resident is being marry to girl in Pakistan. I don't know if it makes a difference to mention here that his parents are US citizen. Anyways, he has still 2 more years to become a citizen. The question is that since he is getting married now and want to get his bride over here in the earliest possible way, what are his options. The families from both side don't want to wait for 2 or 3 years for them to get together. Its kind of a touchy issue.

I really appreciate if any of you let me know the optimal solution for the problem.

Thanks

Tot-batot

He can marry her, however he will have to wait until he is a US citizen to bring her over here. I'm not an attorney,but this is common knowledge on this forum :(

The only valid option is an H1-B visa (if she can qualify and a company here is willing)

Otherwise, like everybody else in similar situation, he and she are looking at years of painful wait.

tot-batot said:
Guys and Gurus please help me out here!
One of my friends who is a US permanent resident is being marry to girl in Pakistan. I don't know if it makes a difference to mention here that his parents are US citizen. Anyways, he has still 2 more years to become a citizen. The question is that since he is getting married now and want to get his bride over here in the earliest possible way, what are his options. The families from both side don't want to wait for 2 or 3 years for them to get together. Its kind of a touchy issue.

I really appreciate if any of you let me know the optimal solution for the problem.

Thanks

Tot-batot

Hi:

I mean this in the kindest way possible. Rules are not always shaped the way we want them to be. I do not see any "optimal solution." As others have mentioned, an H1B is a possibility if she qualifies. People have had to wait longer than 2 years before. They, and especially the family, need to learn patience and flexibility. It is a very undesirable situation to be in, but not without any light at the end of the tunnel. Sometimes it takes a little bit longer to get what we want.