Urgent Help on EAD

radhika91

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I have been waiting for EAD approval for over 7 months now. I had RFE for photo which was received by VSC on 5/5/04 and since then there has not been any message updated and today I checked Processing dates and I found that they are processing cases for May 25, 2004 in normal category.
I am really worried about my case.
Can anyone guide me what I can do.
I have been to philly center for Interim EAD 3 times and the last visit was yesterday and I was told that I can only get Interim EAD after completion of 90 days. The surprising thing is that each time I talked to National Service Center, they told me that I can go for Interim EAD anytime and when I go, the Philly Center gives some other reply and does not listen to what National Service Center mentioned.
Please advise on what I can do and what options I have.
I have I-140 approved in April 2003 and my I-485 was filed in October 2002 and I also had Second FP yesterday.
Can I go for H1 renewal and work. I am not able to work since last 3 months. So any suggestions are welcome.
Please advise.
Thanks

Is that 90 days from RFE reply? I replied to an RFE on June 29th, and I am going to try to get an iEAD on July 27th, 91 days from my first application date. I will go to the Philadelphia office myself.

No if you have an RFE,they dont let you get an iEAD in any local office. You would have to wait for 90 days from the RFE date to get an iEAD and the RFE date is typically not the same date the RFE was sent to us.In my case the Online status said that the RFE was sent on June 10 but my RFE date in file was actually May 26 ( i found this from the local INS office when i tried to get an IEAD). So they asked me to wait till August 26 to get my iEAD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Urgent Reply on iEAD

Hi,
I went to Philly office after about 75 days from the RFE receipt date. The lady told me to come after 90 days from the date the RFE was received at VSC. The National Service Center guys told me last month that I can go anytime after the RFE is received to get Interim EAD and that was the reason I went after 75 days. These guys don't know what the exact rule is and they frustrate people. It is really sick that even when they are processing May 27, 2004 EAD cases in normal category, my Dec 2003 case has not yet been adjudicated.
Please send me suggestions if anyone has gone through similar experience or anyone know anythin about this. Do I have any other alternatives to start working. Can I file for H1 renewal since I have used only 4 years of my H1.
Please suggest.
Thanks

Radhika 91,

Can you share with us your philly office trips in a little detail please? Did you go in and get a ticket? Then?

What documents did you bring with you to the office?

Thanks

same case here...I went to get an interim EAD CARD at Pittsburgh Local office and they told me that I can get interim card only 90 days after the date on which RFE was issued and provided that they don't touch my case during this time.

Hi,
I went to Philly office at 6 AM and at 7.30 AM they opened the office and I got my token number from the counter and when my turn came the lady officer saw my interim EAD application and also my last EAD card and other documents. She then went inside and after 10 minutes she came out and told me that I can't get Interim EAD now as 90 days have not passed from the date of receipt of RFE. I argued with her and told her that National Serivce Center has told me to go and get Interim EAD but she did not listen. I asked her if I could speak to her boss and she told me that these instructions are from her boss.
So I came back disappointed. God can only help now. I am really tired of running around.
If anyone has any suggestions please share.
Thanks

I am on the same boat...

My EAD is pending since 11/12/2003. I got RFE in May and response was recieved on 5/26. BUT no decision yet. By the way, iEAD issuance depends on local office. I will go to local Detroit office on 7/27. I will update this thread with my experience.

Ead Rfe

Radhika,

I am in the same boat. My lawyer told me that RFE timing regulations are different dependign upon RFE. Is it same (90 days) for all kind of RFE's? In the RFE notice (not the online message), how many days it says? Is it 60 / 90 / 120 days?

I am just wondering if it is 90 days in your notice and thats why local office is asking to come after 90 days. I was just curious.

Urgent Reply on iEAD

Yes, my RFE online message says that I will get reply within 60 to 90 days and since initial assessment was done, it should take much lesser time to process your case. But even after 80 days, I have not heard anything. Today I called National Service Center and they told me what is mentioned in the online message. They don't have any other reply.
Anyway I hope God will help me.
Thanks

This must be really frustrating. I am getting worried now as my current EAd expires in Nov and I filed the renewal in June, hope I get the EAD renewed in time. I always thought you can get the iEAD 90 days from the date of EAD filing, this is news to me that it is 90 days from the RFE receipt date.

You might want to post it in 140 and 485 VSC forums too to get more responses.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ead Rfe

Radhika,

I am talking about the paper notice that you get from INS regarding the RFE, that you had sent (original) back with the new photos. It has a date (60 / 90 /120 days). It is different from the range that online message says. Do you haev a copy of that notice?

What is customer service telling u? Did u try to open inquiry and did customer service tell u you to call after 60 or 90 days?

i went to Baltimore office 3 days after they received the reply to RFE. I had no problems getting iEAD.

Hopefully your second FP should trigger 485 approval, and you won't need EAD anymore. :)

I am just coming from the Philly office. it was my 91st day from the application date, and I got no iEAD because of an RFE. Sucks...

Radhika - any luck

Radhika,

I am talking about the paper notice that you get from INS regarding the RFE, that you had sent (original) back with the new photos. It has a date (60 / 90 /120 days). It is different from the range that online message says. Do you haev a copy of that notice?

What is customer service telling u? Did u try to open inquiry and did customer service tell u you to call after 60 or 90 days?

UPDATE: I am on the same boat...

inocent said:
My EAD is pending since 11/12/2003. I got RFE in May and response was recieved on 5/26. BUT no decision yet. By the way, iEAD issuance depends on local office. I will go to local Detroit office on 7/27. I will update this thread with my experience.

Folks-
I went to Detroit INS today and got my IEAD without any problem. Remember this is my second IEAD for the same application and is valid for 90 days.