Urgent Help Needed

gcinfeb02

Registered Users (C)
My Wife's Advance Parole expires on Feb 05 2004 and we applied for a renewal on November 19th, 2003. She needs to go India around January 23rd and I do not think we will be receving the renewal before 23rd. So here are my questions:

1. Can she travel to India with the existing Parole Visa and send her the renewed parole Visa when she is coming back.
2. If 1 is not possible is there anyway that we can get the parole visa instantly by going to Local INS
3. Are there any other possibilities ...

Please help needed respond to this quickly

If your wife has a valid AP while leaving the country, it should not create any problem while leaving. You can send her the approved AP while she is in India. It is advisable to take the AP receipt while leaving the country just in case.

No , she can not go out of the country when AP application is pending. It amounts to abandoning the pending AP. I don't know what are your choices now. Better talk to your lawyer.

Thank you Satish. I just verified with my lawyer and we were asked not to travel until we get the AP renewal. I also called BCIS and the same answer from them but a suggestion to send the proof or supporting documents of the emergency to BCIS so that they can expedite the case. And she also told me that they are currently processing Sep, 2003 AP. An other option is to go to Local INS with the supporting documents and request for a immediate AP but it is only for real emergencies. Just want to share this information to folks.