URGENT!!! Help Needed to Fight the Ignorant IOs

man39.99

Registered Users (C)
My wife's I-485 was approved on June 29, 2005 and received the plastic card dated June 29, 2004. Unfortunately we received a letter from CIS today requiring to replace the card due to error in "residence since" date. I made several calls to the custmer services to declare there is no error at all and at least 2 IOs said that they never heard of one-year-date -back policy. My attorney said that they were wrong.But I could not find anything in writing to proof CIS's one year date back policy. Please give me some inputs!!!

man39.99 said:
My wife's I-485 was approved on June 29, 2005 and received the plastic card dated June 29, 2004. Unfortunately we received a letter from CIS today requiring to replace the card due to error in "residence since" date. I made several calls to the custmer services to declare there is no error at all and at least 2 IOs said that they never heard of one-year-date -back policy. My attorney said that they were wrong.But I could not find anything in writing to proof CIS's one year date back policy. Please give me some inputs!!!

Hello there buddy!!!!
I myself received same letter today saying that my "RESIDENT SINCE" date is wrong. However, I am a REFUGEE, not asylee and our GCs are being
backdated to the date of our FIRST arrival to the US , which was done on my GC . First it got me worried bad, but I know exactly what law says, so I am thinking this MUST be an INTERNAL USCIS NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER (since we refugees+asylees are being adjusted in Nebraska) .Remember also that it happened one time in NSC that they send mass approvals letters for petitions with employment based AOS. This MUST BE an INTERNAL error, I think since it is happening to a lot of people. ALso i would kindly ask ALL of you who got this letter to post here. Thanx indeed.
Also can some of the gurus say sth about this?
Thankl you

DO NOT rush to send them your card back.... this is a mistake and some "smarty pants" jerk has suddenly realized (and obviously he is in a senior position to be sending out paper mails wasting government's money) that they had made mistake backdating GC's. Here what you should do.

1. Write a letter explaining in detail this one year law to them
2. Take the above link and print it out and "highlight" that remark about backdating.

Those of you who have attorney's, could have your attorneys call the officer directly to explain the matter.

What a jerk agency CIS is.... the government agencies in 3rd world countries are better than this.......

Lazerthegreat said:
What a jerk agency CIS is.... the government agencies in 3rd world countries are better than this.......

Hhahahhahahahaaaa............ True that.............

Did you check your private message?

Thank you all. Special thanks to Jackdanie7 and Great.

Great, I was planning to to exactly what you propose. I have even made an INFOPASS appointment with local office to see what is happening.

Yesterday the CIS customer Rep. told me that she received a couple of such calls. It must be a mistake NSC made!!!.

man39.99 said:
Thank you all. Special thanks to Jackdanie7 and Great.

Great, I was planning to to exactly what you propose. I have even made an INFOPASS appointment with local office to see what is happening.

Yesterday the CIS customer Rep. told me that she received a couple of such calls. It must be a mistake NSC made!!!.

man39.99! Good.. You seem to be a smart man... :)

Lazerthegreat said:
man39.99! Good.. You seem to be a smart man... :)
THANK YOU ALL GUYS for prompt reply!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Obviously it is an error!!!!!!!
To MAN39.99(my 2 cents) i have to tell you this regarding your planned visit to DO
I was there once and had a question regarding my AOS application and was told that they can NOT pull up my file in their computer since it is being handled by NSC.?!??!??!??! So I think the communication between CIS departments themselves is not working properly and you just might be wasting time. But hey to have a peace of mind go ahead and do it. I'll wait a week or so to see if there is going to be an offical USCIS statement regarding this issue.I am just going to ignore this notice for now.
AGAIN THANK YOU ALL

I just did a little bit of research and there is guy on Physical GC forum who says he got the same letter saying that his class was wrong. he got approved this year.
So I guess not only asylee/refugee GCs are affected by another one of CIS countless mistakes.

donnt worry dude....
it's not a mistake..but an effort to correct the mistake that cis has done in the past...
they have'n backdated several GC'c approved in this year.
so basically they are sending these letters to ppl like me so they can correctly backdated the cards.(others should just write a letter simply to explain the situation.)
cuz what was happening...when someone arrive at the port after visiting abroad,the IO will swipe the card on his computer and it will show the date one year back but on the card itself it was'n.
so aviod problem at the time of citizenship,cis has decided to ciorrect the dates.
least good news,the are correcting thir mistake,without we asked them...
so just chill.......... :p

Paramvir1 said:
donnt worry dude....
it's not a mistake..but an effort to correct the mistake that cis has done in the past...
they have'n backdated several GC'c approved in this year.
so basically they are sending these letters to ppl like me so they can correctly backdated the cards.(others should just write a letter simply to explain the situation.)
cuz what was happening...when someone arrive at the port after visiting abroad,the IO will swipe the card on his computer and it will show the date one year back but on the card itself it was'n.
so aviod problem at the time of citizenship,cis has decided to ciorrect the dates.
least good news,the are correcting thir mistake,without we asked them...
so just chill.......... :p

Hi there!! I think you are wrong. First of all , USCIS did NOT discover mistakes ,they made by not backdating PHYSICAL GCs, themselves but after lawyers and VOLAGs pointed this issues to them (please read article below) :
http://www.cliniclegal.org/All Ne...rs/Atissue5.pdf
Also CIS offered the correction for free only because CLINIC and other organizations made clear that errorneous GCs were issued due to CIS computer system mistake
Also my GC was CORRECTLY backdated when I received it this year and I still got the notice saying , your residence since date was wrong bla bla bla. How do you explain that? If you read the memo they issued carefully, sometime in September, it states that in case they find no discrepancy between your GC and application that led to GC ,they will reject the application I-90. So that and fact I got the notice even with correctly backdated GC tells me they actually they do NOT know which ones are correct and which ones are wrong. So I were you I would rethink your phrase of CIS "bettering" themselves!!!!!