Urgent : Help needed regarding Consular Processing

My I-140 filed through my company, has been approved recently. I have only around 4 months left on my H1B visa 6-year expiry date (Last NIV date). My I-140 has been filed for Consular Processing. Can I get an yearly H1 extension (acc to the new laws in 2000 to extend my current H1 stay beyond April and use this time to continue my CP processing? Or is the yearly H1 extensions granted only in the case of Adjustment of Status cases?

RE - your Question

CP process you have 50 - 50 chance on timings issue. NVC takes 40 - 60 days you can see those in cptracker. Depends upon the consulate for example chennai takes roughly 2 1/2 months for the interview. Before that if you have valid h1b you are fine else you had to check with your attornery are some other in this forum had gone through that here.

485 Process if you file immdly and get a receipt from INS, I believe you are safe.

If needed, apply for H-1 Extension telling that I-140 is approved

I was in the same situation. I am on my 8th year on H-1B. I feared that my H-1 will expire before the CP interview. Therefore, my company applied for H-1 B extention (into 9th year!!) showing that my I-140 is approved and I am waiting for CP.
The H-1B extention petition is still under process.

However, I got CP interwiew date on the day beore the expiration of my current H-1B.

Your employer can give it a shot by applying for an extension showing all details. good Luck!!!