URGENT HELP NEEDED..Please help

Chiki

Hello,
       i came to US on a H-4 visa,got my H-1 in March 2001.Till now my employer has not got any projects for me.I got my ssn also in April.I haven\'t stamped my visa for my new H-1 status.Now I have a problem.My husband (based on his Visa, I got a H-4)has given his application thro his employer to extend (renewal)his Visa ,since his visa is expiring in Dec 2001 .(my pages of passport were given,which states that i am ona h-4 since i haven\'t got my H-1 stamped)

1. will i be in problem if i stay in this country after dec 31,2001?

2. If so , i would like to go back to my H-4 status ,what is the procedure,when should i do ?

3. what is the procedure to surrender my ssn ?

Please help me as i do not want to be illegal in this country .
Thanks a lot in advance,
Chiki

I don\'t think there is any problem

I don\'t think there is any problem in your case. INS will have the records to show that you have an I-797 and they will know that you have a valid H1 VISA which is not stamped. This is a very common scenerio for many in USA. This is none of your fault and INS tends to be very reasonable in legal cases.

I-130 UNDER PROCESSING,SPOUSE ON H1-B

My husband is working on H1-B.i\'m currently in india.My father is a U.S Citizen and he filed I-130 for me an year before my marriage.now i am planning to go to the U.S consulate in india for my H-4 visa as my husband is on H1-B.will i be issued a H-4 visa??if at all i\'m issued what happens to my I-130??will i be able to include my husband when i apply for I-485??
if i am not issued a H-4 visa what should be my next step??can anyone please suggest me about this.