Urgent help needed L2 EAD

jayag

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I applied for EAD on Aug 2 2004. I gave my finger printing on Aug 21 2004. It is more than 70 days now and i still get the same status as case pending. When i checked the site for what application date is service center currently proceesing, it said sep 17th. where as my appln date is aug 2. I am confused about the EAD status. what is their exact procedure of updating the status??? please reply immediately as i am lossing my oppertunities to work without this.

regards,
jayag

Hi,

why don't you try calling the 800# and choose the option to speak with a representative. you may have to spend some time on the phone waiting. Usually, I think it is, 60 days after application you can have the guys do an audit trail to find out the status on your system.

In our case, the audit returned totally irrelevant response or status update. Then we get another letter asking us for some evidence on the principal (L1). These were all provided during our finger print and photo appointment (duse to on-line app). However, we sent all the requested info. and mentioned the fact that these were provided and asked that the case be expedited.

We didn't get it until 90 days. Went in for iEAD (interim) and got it (for 3 months I think & the person said she was confident that EAD should arrive prior to iEAAD expiration) and actually the EAD came shortly after iEAD.

Good Luck.