Urgent help needed EAD!!! Cards not received

gs20

Registered Users (C)
:mad:
Wife's EAD approved on 5th April 2006.
EAD card not received, I received emails from USCIS cards are
orders and will be mailed as soon as the card is ready.
She works on EAD and her current EAD expires in mid May 2006.
Please advise what are options.
We have received I-797 approval notice.

Her AP is approved and we have received EAD.

Without receiving the EAD card, can she continue to work, as we have received email and I-797 approval notice.

Urgent help needed.
Thanks in advance

As long as the EAD is approved, your wife should be ok to work. When the EAD card is sent out, the email form USCIS will be like "This case has been approved. On XXXX(Date), an approval notice was mailed. If 30 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please speak to an Immigration Information Officer during business hours......."

Hopefully you will receive the card very soon.

according to my lawyer u need to be in possession of the EAD card to legally work. however i wud keep working based on the online approval notice. i think u may have to apply for replacement EAD cards. btw i-797 is receipt notice and not an approval notice.

Is it Receipt date or Notice date

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all,

Do we need to look for Receipt date or Notice date (90 days period)if we trying to get iEAD.My Notice date 02/13/06 and receipt date is 02/17/06.should i wait untill 05/17 or 05/13 to get my iEAD?

Thanks
QA13

most probably they won't give iEAD since your wife got APPROVED - 90 days iEAD is only for 'pending'. See my report of what can be done if EAD doesn't come (search on EAD board). Most probably they sent to wrong address if you don't have it by now. Go to infopass and verify address.

qa13 said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all,

Do we need to look for Receipt date or Notice date (90 days period)if we trying to get iEAD.My Notice date 02/13/06 and receipt date is 02/17/06.should i wait untill 05/17 or 05/13 to get my iEAD?

Thanks
QA13

Receipt or Notice date

Is it Receipt date or Notice date

Hi all,

Thanks
QA13

Thanks su_su and HumHongeKamyaab for your response.
I am planning to apply for replacement cards. I guess I can apply only after 30 days, after the approval of EAD.
Did any one know what is the procedure to apply for replacement card, do we need to take new photographs and do we need to pay another $180 as processing fee,
any inputs.
Thanks in advance

It's better make an InfoPass and ask for their suggestion.

I applied replacement EAD and paid again, the procedure just like apply new EAD, just attach a letter explain what happened. BUT somebody here said you don’t need to pay again if you explain you NEVER received card, you can try this if you don’t want to pay again.