urgent help! Lost FP notice!

Rachael Jiang

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

We don\'t get our FP notice (which was mailed out oct.3) because of INS stupidly update the wrong address for us, and our lawyer doesn\'t received it up to now. We went to CSC today, and the lady agee that the notice was mailed out on Oct.3 and was lost, but she said we have to wait for next FP bench which is at least after one month! Our lawyer also send a fax request for us, but I don\'t think that help much. We are very frustrated because of so bad economy. Could anyone know how to deal with that? The lawyer said INS doesn\'t send every FP notice to the laywer. Is this true? It is quite possible that neither of us will receive this FP notice.

Our lesson: go to CSC directly to update your address rather than call. You can\'t belive that we called IIO twice to update the address (also asked them to verify for us during the call each time) and they still input the wrong one!

No Title

I think there are lot of other people with you, i haven\'t received mine yet same is the case will all other people(about 5) who work with us. How every our attorney got all of them and they sent them to us by fedex.

change address problem

Hi Rachael
I got similar problem as u, My AP lost too (although I use USPS forwarding address, but INS mail NOT FORWARD!) My lawyer said the FP copy is ok, but the address change is trouble, even i filled a form ar-11 and sent to DC, it looks does not work either,
Rgs!

Did u get your lost AP back when u talked to officer in CSC?
Address change can be done at local INS office? can i go directly to
CSC? (I am in San jose)?

Thx lot!!

Re:

IIO said that we have to reapply for AP. We decide to give up the application and wait for 485 approval. You can go to CSC without any appointment and verify your address from their computer there.

Re: question?

vguru,

You mean your FP was also mailed but neither you or your lawyer hasn\'t received yet? If so, when did it mailed out? Thanks!

Change of Address

Could somebody please tell me if its a good idea to change my apartment ( change of address) after filing for I-485 ( I just got my RD and ND)

If so whats the best way to do it ? ( Is there a local CSC office where I can go personally, im in San Jose,CA)

Since the rents are coming down in the bay area and the economy being what it is I no longer want to pay the High rent I am paying now if I can change my address now.

Thanks

Same Situation

We (my husband and I) have not gotten our FP notices till now althought according to AVM, they were mailed out on Oct. 3. Neither have our attorney received it. We have not changed address and we got our AP smoothly.

We worry so much about it. What should we do? Suggestions are highly appreciated.

No Title

Rachael Jiang,
I have not received the one they mailed it to me however my lawyer received his copy same is the case with 5 other people.
Check with your lawyer if he received it.

/Vguru

You can\'t go to CSC

It\'s hard for you to go to CSC, because it is located in southern cal. You may try at a local INS office.

Not a good idea, but may try at local office

Based on many people\'s bad experience, it\'s not a good idea to change address after filing 485. If you do want to do that, you may call IIO at CSC and ask IIO to change address. Double check over the phone!! You may need to call again a few days later, or go to a local office to make sure the address is correct.
By the way, do not use mail forward. INS mail will not be forwarded. It will be returned instead.

(949) 831-8427

It is extremely busy during office hours. If you just want to check case status using WAC#, not talk to IIO, call in the evening.

I moved my apt. But didnot change the address with INS.

Reason - Still my friends stay there. But, I did do the forwarding of the mail. When you forward, only part of INS mail gets forwarded. If the envelope of the mail says "RETURN SERVICE REQUESTED", then USPS will not forward the mail and will be sent back. If the envelope doesnot say anything, then it will be forwarded to your new address. I got my EAD, but didnot get my AP and FP.

My attorney got the copy of FP and I used that to give my FP.

Can anyone tell me the address of the local INS office where I can go and update the address.

Thanx
pvgk.