urgent help for address change!

Kevin Dai

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,

I am going to move out my current address, I am in I-485 pending, receivet date is 8/10. my question is what I should do for address changed. it is enough for me to change my mail address to post office? do I file a form to notify INS, my friend tell me to call INS to change my address.
I appreciate your comments!

Kevin

my take

post office does not forward all letters since some envelopes have "return service requested", etc.

you can change your address by calling iio or filing form ar11. never did it myself but read on this board.

No Title

Suposedly there is a form for mail address change on the ins web site. Somebody posted a message on this topic in the last 1-2 months.

In my experience the lawyer gets anyway a duplicate of most of the papers. I\'ve seen posts to confirm that I485 approval receipt goes to the lawyer too.

The bigger issue is the platic card. There is just one of those ...

To be sure that the INS updates the address in their database you should submit a form change ASAP. And then check with them again in a couple of weeks.

Call the IIO.

I called up the IIO at INS, CSC. and they have changed the address in my I-485 application. So Call up IIO for a faster address change.

SRS

He\'d better not to call an IIO to update the address change

From his message you can see his English is not good, if not below average. Address change of I-485 is very important that doesn\'t allow any confusion or miscommunication. Therefore the better way to do an address change is to file AR-11 and fax/mail to INS.