• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Urgent Help! dvlottery 2010!

John89

i submitted my application tomorrow. i thought i only had one day left so i submitted my application with a photo that i'm not so sure about. i think its kind of dark and its also not in focus (i'm not sure though). so is there any way for me to fix that? can i change my photo now or maybe any other way to fix it?

John89
Once an application has been submitted, there is NO way to change it. Sorry.

The other bad news -- If the descriptions that you give for your photo are true, you will be disqualified even if you win.(The photo must be in focus)

But you see, about 10 million people apply for the lottery, so there is only a very little chance of winning -- don't fret over it too much.

And don't try to submit another application, they will find out.

Sorry, it's sad but true.

Are they really that picky with the photo?
Because someone i know got selected and was told to bring a new pic and that's it.

The thing is, of course a rule is needed regarding the pictures, it's mainly a reference so people can guide and not upload pictures the way each person want, that would result on different sizes and parameters, not good for a selection process or any other kind of process. Things must be organized, some people complain they have exaggerated rules, well it's quite simple actually.

As long you respect the picture size, color, focus, head uncovered and some other small stuff, its the same way you take photos for your passport, it's a standard photo card format but bigger.
The DV photo will not be printed on some official document, it's only for the lottery, if they don't like the photo, they'll ask you another AT the interview after selected.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes that's what i meant as long as its not blantanly incorrect they'll take it. I don't think they even look at pictures before they send NL