Urgent Help: Can I do H1 Transfer while I am in 7th Year Extension

anonymous_gc

All,
I need this answer asap. Here is my situation.

I am working with company A, which has filed my green card labor certificaiton. My labor certification is still pending. Last month I had finished my 6 years in H1 and my company applied for extension based on green card. Now I have the H1 extension with company A till Dec 2005.

Now, If I have to join another company say B, CAn I Do that H1 transfer for that company. I believe atleast till dec 2005 you can do transfer to other companies. And, I can file a new green card with company B then? What other options/restrictions that I could consider now.

I need this answer very badly. Any reply is highly appreciated.

THx
Renga

Just to understand,

Can he get 8th year extension in dec 2006 with company B, based on company A labour?

Provided he has a good relationship with Company A. If A sends a request to cancel the labor processing then he can't.

Large companies typically don't have this friendly arrangements. So, how would one even know if the LC has been cancelled? Is there a way to track the status? The only information I have with me is some P2002-CA.... number about my case.

Shiva,

Call up 415-975-4617 and follow the instructions (automated). I believe you need to key in the digits after CA, i.e if your P2002-CAxxxxxxxx, key in xxxxxxxx

Thanks

parrotwac said:
Shiva,

Call up 415-975-4617 and follow the instructions (automated). I believe you need to key in the digits after CA, i.e if your P2002-CAxxxxxxxx, key in xxxxxxxx

Thanks
ParrotWac,
Is there any number like that for PA (Pennsylvania ) where I can find out my status from that state. I tried in the past and could not succeed in knowing about my labor approved status. It is approved in jun-2003 but I want to ensure that it is not cancelled by current employed.

Hi thanks for the response. I actually had this phno and every time I try, firstly the automated phone message keeps breaking off that I can't understand what's being told. I believe the first thing that I was asked to enter is the EIN (Tax Identification number of the employer) and I did that. But it says something like there were no cases filed in the last 1 month or so and then I can't understand anything else.

Also, what happens if the first employer doesn't cancel the LC but substitutes it for someone else in the company?