Urgent - Have valid H1b approval notice/Reenter US from Europe

Venkat_Madhu

Registered Users (C)
Hi, thanks in advance for your response and sorry for posting this in a wrong forum. Here is one of my friend'situation.

Have a Valid F1 stamping in the passport. Currently working on a valid H1b till 2004 based on the H1b approval notice but have not yet got the H1b visa stamped in my passport. Also my 485 is pending aprroval. Have a valid EAD and AP.

Planning for a Europe trip soon. Will there be any problem to reenter using my H1b approval notice ? Please advise? Or
should we get the H1b stamp in the passport in Europe before re-entering. Note that India is my home country and visting Europe
only for vacation..so is that allowed to stamp it over there in europe? is that advisable?

Re:

Well, if you have AP you can easily use that to re-enter.
That's the best option I can think of.

If you had used your EAD, then you can not use H1b approval notice.
When, if you cannot use H1b approval notice, you can not get
stamped H1b visa. Nor you can use F1b visa.

And have all these papers with you when you travel.
You never know what happens in these days!. More
documetns are additional gifts even to prove a legal case.

Thanks for your response.Not using EAD to work. using H1b to work..theproblem is not having the H1B stamping inthe passport yet.

Venkat_madhu,

It used to take about 3-4 weeks to get it stamped if you send it by mail to their office. This was about 2 years back when i got it stamped this way.

Venkat_Madhu,

It's better to be on H1B though you have EAD/AP. So don't use AP at all, as you have a Valid Visa upto 2004.

It's always safe and best thing, to have VISA stamping done on your passport here in US, before you leave outside of US.

As 5thYearNSC says, you never know what happens these days. So better, no vagaries, keep every document valid.

Hope this helps,
Prince.

Thanks 4thyearns and ColumbusPrince. Passport is currently having a F1 stamping. To get a H1stamping is it not necessary to go to a consulate outside usa (preferably the home country? I am thinking you can stamp internally here in usa only if you have same visa stamping inyour passport (revalidation)?