urgent: H1->H4 & paystub

pekinger

I sumitted my H1->H4 petition on 9/12; my H1 was valid until 9/16. However, I didn't include my pay stub copy. Will I get RFE? I got receipt from INS; should I send them my pay stub with copy of the receipt ASAP? Should I send the pay stub of week of 9/12 or 9/16?

thanks,

XAdmin

XAdmin,

My wife just got her H-4 approved a month ago. HR and legal dept filed it. Only thing they asked was my H-1 approval notice, our marriage certificate, copies of her passport (she was on F-1), her degree, her practical training card etc. But it would be a good idea to include pay stubs, but since you didn't wait until they ask for it.

RamFan

P.S. I work for a very big company and INS processes 100's of H-1's GC’s and H-4's for us.

thanks, ramfan! Did your wife change from H1? I was previously H1 holder; although I539 form instruction didn't mention H1 paystub, I feel they would like to see it nowadays. Would it hurt if I send them paystub copy before they request it?

Xadmin

Xadmin,

Sorry, I didn't read your thread carefully. Since you are changing from H-1 to H-4, it would be in your best interest to attach pay stubs, just to prove the validity of your status. My wife was on F-1 student visa, and I have to submit her practical training (F-1 work permit after degree completion, which is valid for one year)) to validate her status in U.S. INS would have considered her out of status if her PT card was expired at the time of H-4 filing. INS may not ask for pay stubs, but keep it ready in case they do. Or if you want to be proactive send the pay stubs, once you have LIN number assigned to your application.

Good Luck,

RamFan