Urgent H1 COS question

sarah_n78

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I'm current in the US and working for company A on L1B visa. This is valid till Oct 09
I've got my H1B filed from employer B this year (2008) and it got approved with COS from L1 to H1. I got my h1 approval on July 25.

Is it that my L1B will stand invalid from July 25 and I can no longer work for company A on L1 visa ?

OR

Is it that my L1 B will stand invalid from Oct 01 2008 ?

Please help. I'm really tensed.

It depends - if your position with employer B is cap-subject then, most likely you have a starting date of October 1 and COS is effective then.

You should check your Form I-797A, Notice of Action, for the effective date of your change of status.

Hello,

I'm current in the US and working for company A on L1B visa. This is valid till Oct 09
I've got my H1B filed from employer B this year (2008) and it got approved with COS from L1 to H1. I got my h1 approval on July 25.

Is it that my L1B will stand invalid from July 25 and I can no longer work for company A on L1 visa ?

OR

Is it that my L1 B will stand invalid from Oct 01 2008 ?

Please help. I'm really tensed.

What is the start date of the H-1B transfer application? Also, was the H-1B filed as a chnage of status? In other words, did you receive a I-94 attached with the approval notice? Or, did the approval notice inicated you to get the H-1B visa stamped at ta specific consulate?