Urgent...H1-B Transfer while the current H1-B case is pending at Chennai Consulate

hmv_05

Registered Users (C)
Hello there,

I have a valid H1-B visa upto January 2007. I worked in the US for a couple of months. I have gone to the Chennai consulate in 2005 ending for my multiple entry stamping. They have sent me the 221 g documents thrice and I sent them the required documentation. When I emailed them a couple of times, they responded that my case is still under the review process.

I have a Master's degree from the US.

As my current H1-B visa expires in early next year, I want to see my other options.

1. Can I get my H1-B transferred to another company while my current case is still open in the consulate?

2. Can I apply for the ADE quota for this year? or do I still fall into the 2005 year quota (as I got my H1-B in that year's quota)?

3. Should I quit everything and wait patiently until I hear something on my current case?

4. What if my current H1-B expires next year and I still do not hear anything from the consulate? Can I pursue a H1 transfer after it expires?

I am confused. Please advise.

Your help is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks a lot,

HMV

You can only transfer your H1 visa, if you have a valid I 94 in your hand.

Or other wise you have to apply new H1 which may not come under cap if you want continue with your 6 yrs cap .

hmv_05 said:
Hello there,

I have a valid H1-B visa upto January 2007. I worked in the US for a couple of months. I have gone to the Chennai consulate in 2005 ending for my multiple entry stamping. They have sent me the 221 g documents thrice and I sent them the required documentation. When I emailed them a couple of times, they responded that my case is still under the review process.

I have a Master's degree from the US.

As my current H1-B visa expires in early next year, I want to see my other options.

1. Can I get my H1-B transferred to another company while my current case is still open in the consulate?

2. Can I apply for the ADE quota for this year? or do I still fall into the 2005 year quota (as I got my H1-B in that year's quota)?

3. Should I quit everything and wait patiently until I hear something on my current case?

4. What if my current H1-B expires next year and I still do not hear anything from the consulate? Can I pursue a H1 transfer after it expires?

I am confused. Please advise.

Your help is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks a lot,

HMV