Urgent Guys, I last my ead in post...

dec11thRD

Registered Users (C)
I lost my EAD in post. INS mailed it to my address. But the address was wrong... I called INS and corrected the address today and also IIO said they didn't received the my card back.14 days completed.

What i should do if they don't get it???

What is the procedure...

Urgent ....
:( :( :( :(

My experience

If it is returned to the INS(fat chance!- the current occupant of your old apartment would have throw it in trash-if you are lucky!)
they will send it to your new address.
If not you will have to apply for the EAD again!
The local office will not issue you an EAD after 90 days as the 90 day rule is only for cases where a decision has not yet been.
Sorry! My advice is to wait this week and then apply again.
Best of Luck!

Re-apply but don't pay the fees again(?)

I had a similar exp., and as per my lawyer I re-applied, attaching the old approved EAD notice and two pictures (INS style) BUT NO CHECK (not again)...explain in a letter why u r re-applying

The time gap in my case was six mo. (between first approval and the re-applying) and I was still sent a new card in two weeks....

Hope this helps !

spgc4us

Hi dec11thRD,
I had a similar case but with my advance parole documents. My address was ok but I never received them. In Vertmont they didn't help me at all, they only told me to wait or apply again. I never got anything back from them.
I went to a local office and they allowed me to re-apply there but I had to pay again. In one week I had the documents. I don't know if with EAD you can do the same, but maybe you can try.
Good luck,
Malda

Re-apply but don't pay the fees again(?)
I had a similar exp., and as per my lawyer I re-applied, attaching the old approved EAD notice and two pictures (INS style) BUT NO CHECK (not again)...explain in a letter why u r re-applying

The time gap in my case was six mo. (between first approval and the re-applying) and I was still sent a new card in two weeks....

Hope this helps !

spgc4us

spgc4us, could you please list out the documents which i need to send????
Do i need to resubmit the I765 application????

It's a great help.
Thanks
:( :( :(

docs needed...

Actually my co. para-legal did this for me but most prob what she sent out were,
1) A new 765 - reapplication
2) the old approved 765 notice (if you have it)
3)2 ADIT style pics
4) letter explaining why you are re-applying - mention ur 485 case# and all other relevant details...

[/QUOTE]
something wrong with Vermont
My EAD receipts were mailed by them on Jan 16th to my current address. Still not received them.
[/QUOTE]

Awaiting approval:

Why you are blaming VSC? :mad:

You need to call VSC and verify the address.
They won't forward the document if you have forwarded address in the postal dept for specifically INS document and also it will be written on the envelop.

If you have forwarded address in the postal dept, then also they return to INS until you change the address in INS.

When you check the status in online it's clearly says that

" if 14 days passed and you haven't received then contact IIO and verify the address" --

You need to call INS right away and change the address or verify the address. There might be spelling mistakes also... check each and every thing.

I corrected the address yesterday...

When the mail returned to INS, they will cross verify the address in the application against the address on the mail and if it is same, then they will keep aside until the address get change or send it to storage.
If they see update in the address then they will send once again.

:( :( :(

Oh i forgot to mention that INS got my 765 back. They mailed it again today it is on the way... Until I see in my hand, my face will be like this :( :( :(

ok guys Thanks for your suggestions...

I have a different story

My case is AP. I hadn't received my APs even after 14 days from VSC. Then as suggested by their message I called the IIO. I surprised after listening to their info. They are not at all helpful. If they are not received by me then they should get them back. (I haven't changed my address for the last two years.) Since they have not received them, I have to reapply with fees!!
Then I asked her why should I be punished because lost mail is not my mistake?? Then that lady said that is not their mistake either.
The IIO checked my mailing address and verified and said everything is right.

But what happened you know. VSC actually sent them to my companys immigration dept.