Urgent: Gurus, please help - F1 to OPT and back to F1

Nehaxyz

Registered Users (C)
I have finished my Associates Degree from a School ‘A’ doing program ‘X’ in US in June 2001. After it I got work authorization permit – ‘EAD’. I have been working for a Company on EAD since 24th September 2001. My EAD will expire on 23rd of September 2002. After it I want to go back to school and join Bachelor’s in same program ‘X’. I got admission in Bachelors in same school ‘A’. Session will start from 3rd October. My previous F1 visa will expire on 22nd of June.
I have taken a break from my work and come to India to apply new F1 visa in 1st week on June.
My concern is, can I apply for new F-1 through Drop Box in 1st week on June, or do I have to wait till 3rd of July. So as to apply within 90 day from the start date of Bachelor program, as new session will start on 3rd of October 2002. Even though I want to go back to US ASAP and continue working on EAD, which is valid until September 23, 2002.
I would really appreciate if you could help me with this issue as I have only three weeks break from my job and want to go back to US after three weeks and join work again ASAP.
Thanking you in advance,