URGENT GURU's help req(emp letter)

satishkumart

Registered Users (C)
HI Guys,

Urgent help requried; I recevied REF from INS for employment letter, I changed my employer after 2years of applying I-485. It is almost 5 months with new employer.

My Laywer is formated this letter but, but i am not confident on him. He is very unknowledgeable person.

Please correct it , if u think corrections required

---------EMPLOYMENT LETTER------------------------------------------

US Citizenship and Immigration Services

Nebraska Service Center

P.O. Box 82521

Lincoln, NE 68501

Re: Satish Tudmilla

Dear Sir or Madam:

Please be advised that we continue to support the adjustment of status application of the above named individual. Mr. XXXXX has “ported” to our employment under the portability provisions of the INA. We currently employ and continue to support Mr. XXXXX on the following terms:

Date of Hire:
Job Title: System Engineer
Job Description: Working under the close supervision of the Project Manager, participate in Analysis & Design of computer applications. Prepare System & Program Specification documentation, assist in development and testing of applications modules in the Oracle development environment. Use knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle to successfully create and maintain Computer Applications.
Rate of Pay: $XXXXX.XX

In this connection, we would also like to inform you that Mr. XXXX is an excellent employee and the prospects for his continued employment with this company remain very bright. Please feel free to contact me at the above number, if you have any questions regarding this matter.

Sincerely,

don't worry..

Hello,

Don't worry, My employment letter was also along the same lines..and the officer asked me during the interview if it was a permanent job and I answered yes.

You have a good letter and never doubt the attorney..they know what they are doing..all the employment letters differ due to different corporate policies and not due to attorneys.

Mr. XXXXX has “ported” to our employment under the portability provisions of the INA.

The above statment need to mentioned in employment letter, or in attorney letter

It can be better

Satish,

I dont see even a mention of AC21. A lot of people even in USCIS dont know much about AC21, not that they are stupid but that they probably have many things to take care of... its a relatively new law and a dilligent letter with a mention of when you switched, if your 140 was approved or not and what your job duties are etc. would go a long way in my opinion.

Also attach 2-3 paystubs and make sure you keep all the pay stubs since 3-5 paychecks before you switched until date with you for your safety.

and here is the ones i drafted:
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=165877
Good Luck,
1Victim

pay stub question

Hi 1Victim,

Say if you are laid off and you immediately not able to find the job. We know that we can not produce pay stub for that period. What to do in that case? Is their any alternative ?

Thanks for your help.

ranvir_usa,

As far as I know, so far, it hasnt been well defined as to how an alien beneficiary needs to inform USCIS.

The last official communication that I know, is Aug 2003 memo which states that the alien beneficiary needs to inform the USCIS and thats about it.. I had a couple conversations with Immigration Officers regarding my case and they didnt mention that pay stubs are required. But its always a good idea to save them

Although, it is a good idea to attach a couple of latest pay checks, it doesnt seem like a mandatory thing as far as AC 21 letter+attachments are concerned.

All in all, I would imagine USCIS would be "reasonable" in allowing some minimal gap, if it was inevitable, but thats my opinion and havent done much research in this regard... I am sure someone here can add more to this!