URGENT >>>PLEASE HELP SamInd, Superman and CP Gurus.....

GCbyCP

Registered Users (C)
I got laid off and my employer(American) has taken me off from Payrole and right now I am on extended leave or leave of absence. They said they would be giving me an employment letter.

I have two question/doubts:
1>In the employment letter, is it ok if they mention that right now I am on leave of absence and they would reinstate after coming back?
2>How risky is it to go for the interview(in chennai) paystubs.

Please help!!!
THanks.

Re: Superman and CP Gurus.....

Pay stubs are not asked in my interviewat Montreal.

But mentioning about the leave of absence in the employment
letter doesn\'t sound good to me.
Let\'s hear others opinion too.
Good luck
Eelavan.

Hi

Hi
From previous posts in the forum i have seen that Chennai (especially these days) is asking for latest paystubs. Not sure about the employment letter. Good luck

Sujatha

I dont think having Leave of Absense mentioned is good

Just get an employment letter without the mention of Leave of absense.

If consulate asks for the paystubb then jsut say you have been in India for some time due to family situation and do not have the latest paystubbs

No Title

Patta Hara

Consulate would know when he arrived in India by the stamp on his passport. How about if he leaves for India now? Even if you are on leave, don\'t you supposed to get the paycheck of $0.00?

No You do not get a paycheck

When on "leave of absense" you are taken off payroll - Suspended.

My rule is to give out information that is needed... if consular officer asks when did you travel out of the US - you tell the truth, but if they dont ask do not offer the info to them.

Take the latest paystubb(s) with you. and work with that. You have to make best use of the situation you are in. Though I would say mentioning "leave of absense" on the Employment doc will raise some eyebrow.
Be thankful to your employer to be considerate and letting you complete the process

BTW when is your interview?

Are you ready to pay taxes

Ask you employer if its OK for him if you are ready for paying taxes and he can issue pay stubs. This may be a very expensive, but may be a safe one.
Hope some thing good will come .