Urgent ---Got an email from DHS

ijaffery

Registered Users (C)
All-
I just received an email from Department of Homeland Security personal. Its a single line email and stating

"Did you and your spouse become lawful permanent residents? If so, when and where? Did you receive your cards?"

Any idea what is that.......my and my wife's case is still pending from Aug 2005 and as per IO our name check has been cleared since May 2007.

Please help

IJ

I hope it is not a trick or play by someone. If the address is from dhs.gov domain. Reply your current status immediately. If there is any contact number on the email, call them back.

call DHS !
Looks like phishing ? what is the originating e-mail address and take a look at
meta-information/header of the email.

email is from dhs.gov domain and I responded him that my case is not been approved yet and I got the following response:

"When your applications have been adjudicated, you will receive an appropriate notice"

I don't know what are they smoking ........Any idea????

as this is from dhs.gov, I would recommend to write a detailed letter showing ( not disclosing much personal information) , pending for long time, please approve etc.

email is from dhs.gov domain and I responded him that my case is not been approved yet and I got the following response:

"When your applications have been adjudicated, you will receive an appropriate notice"

I don't know what are they smoking ........Any idea????

When you replied, did you check the address to which you sent your reply had a dhs.gov in it?

Still sounds fishy. I hope you didn't supply any personal information in your email back to them.

Check your Sent folder to see if it actually went to dhs.gov. Phishers and spammers have funny tricks that can make things appear as if it will go one place, but then it goes elsewhere.

weird

Please try n talk to customer service and ask them if they send such emails ever.
If it's any spoofing, let them be aware and take actions.
(I don't know if the smoking CS would understand but give it a try)

I have heard of people getting phone calls - rarely though.
Email instance is first time.

Make sure it is not a phishing email! Look for all the IP address in the email header and pop in each of the address in www.all-nettools.com lookup
and find out for sure it came from DHS!

You can also download smartWHOIS (demo version) and run the ip addresses.

Emails that have @dhs.gov need not necessarily from DHS. It could be just true but make sure that it is so.

Good luck
howdy_howdy
//

All-
I just received an email from Department of Homeland Security personal. Its a single line email and stating

"Did you and your spouse become lawful permanent residents? If so, when and where? Did you receive your cards?"

Any idea what is that.......my and my wife's case is still pending from Aug 2005 and as per IO our name check has been cleared since May 2007.

Please help

IJ

All-

Please help

IJ

If it is really a phishing scam- what could they possibly do with answers like

- No, No or Yes, 12/1/07, Yes

Of course, it would be a different matter if OP chose to volunteer personal information.

There are no IP address or anything listed in the header........its just straight email with complete name of the person in from section which matches the email address like lastname.firstname.@dhs.gov

I think I have sent a letter to first lady and USCIS Ombudsman as well for my pending EAD and 485. I have receiuved at least two calls from USCIS Ombudsman about my pending EAD which was approved after 6 months and 13 days of waiting time.

I think this email might be from Ombudsman office or from enquiry IO officer due to first lady's office. I think Another reason is that my online status of I-485 is hard to understand and does not make any sense. It says

"Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Document mailed to applicant.

On December 7, 2007 we mailed the document to the address we have on file. You should receive the new document within 30 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service."

This also creates confusion all the time whenever I called 1-800- number and they think USCIS already mail me a card.

BTW I have never received the document that they are talking about in the above message.....................such a mess is USCIS...........even they themselevs can't figure out.

Any idea......

Another stupid thing is that when my EAD was approved I got the message some like you get for green card produciton ordered email. Which says......

"Application Type: I765, APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On December 18, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register."

Any of you ever received message like this. This is my third EAD and my wife also approved for her 3rd EAD we always received approval email like approval notice sent....

Any idea.....

That is not stupid msg...at least first you get that way ..bcoz they ordered your EAD card.. that is an accurate mail (about EAD approved)

This is normal to get card production ordered email/online message on I-765. I got it on my two EADs before approval emails.

This is normal for all Approvals for EAD or 485
in the Application Type it clearly mentioned what card is ordered

Another stupid thing is that when my EAD was approved I got the message some like you get for green card produciton ordered email. Which says......

"Application Type: I765, APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On December 18, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register."

Any of you ever received message like this. This is my third EAD and my wife also approved for her 3rd EAD we always received approval email like approval notice sent....

Any idea.....

All-

Please help

IJ

That's just strange !!! This is the first time to hear that somebody got an email from ...dhs.gov !!! Just be carefully and contact USCIS about it !!!