Urgent!Getting promoted as Manager while 485 pending

charliesangel

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,
Need the help of experts. I filed my GC as a Software Engineer. EB3 India PD April 2003. Now i have an opprotunity to become Manager of a team of 6 engineers. But i will be a frontline manager so we can say that this position requires one to be a technology expert in the same areas. Let me know if this is any threat to my GC. FYI- my salary has jumped my 50% since i filed my GC and might jump a little more in the future. Not sure if that is going to be a big issue. Should i take this promotion . Please let me know your advise. I also got an RFE a month ago to which i have not replied. They are asking for a current job description and employment verification type stuff. Can i send these details and hope that i wont get any more RFEs.
Let me know thanks.

If you become a manager, your job title and more importantly your job descriptions may be different. Besides, your company may file I-129 (H1B) again due to the dramatic changes. Would INS look at the new I-129 when they process the 485 since your A# will appear in the new I-129?

May not be a bad idea to delay the promotion if your approval of 485 is coming soon.

Seek advice from your lawyer.

I went through the same thing a while back i.e. got promoted and moved to a different group within my company. My General Counsel said it should not impact my I-485 since I am still working for the same company and doing systems analysis etc just like my job description in the LC. I guess it was generic enough to apply to multiple roles.