URGENT: Filing I-485 and I-130 concurrently, need advice

aussie81

Registered Users (C)
I recently got married to my husband (US citizen and active military) at the beginning of October whilst I was in the US as a visitor. We are now takling the process of filing I-130 and I-485 concurrently and I have a couple of questions for any experts or those with experience.
Firstly, should I use my maiden name on the forms? I haven't changed my name on any of my Australian documents or forms of ID as to do this it is easier for me to be in Australia and I don't have any forms of US ID yet. I would rather use my maiden name so I don't have to change my name after approval but I was wondering if it would cause a problem.
Secondly, I was wondering if I can mail my medical examination paperwork after filing or if I need to file it when I file the other forms. I don't have a license and my husbands work makes it almost impossible for me to get the medical exam (complete with results) before my appointment with USCIS.
And finally, the office that is "nearest" to us is in San Antonio however it is only 7 miles closer than the Dallas office. Is it possible to go to the Dallas office or do we have to go to the San Antonio office? The only reason I ask is my husbands parents live very close to Dallas and to make this process easier for us I could stay with them for a week so I can get my medical exam and my USCIS appointment done in one go. It is difficult for my husband to the time off he will have to if we go to the San Antonio office and it will be more reasonable if I can have his mother take me to the doctor so he only needs to take a day for the USCIS appointment.
I know this is a very long post but I really need some answers on this and USCIS customer service hasn't been very helpful at all. Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

aussie81 said:
I recently got married to my husband (US citizen and active military) at the beginning of October whilst I was in the US as a visitor. We are now takling the process of filing I-130 and I-485 concurrently and I have a couple of questions for any experts or those with experience.
Firstly, should I use my maiden name on the forms? I haven't changed my name on any of my Australian documents or forms of ID as to do this it is easier for me to be in Australia and I don't have any forms of US ID yet. I would rather use my maiden name so I don't have to change my name after approval but I was wondering if it would cause a problem.
Secondly, I was wondering if I can mail my medical examination paperwork after filing or if I need to file it when I file the other forms. I don't have a license and my husbands work makes it almost impossible for me to get the medical exam (complete with results) before my appointment with USCIS.
And finally, the office that is "nearest" to us is in San Antonio however it is only 7 miles closer than the Dallas office. Is it possible to go to the Dallas office or do we have to go to the San Antonio office? The only reason I ask is my husbands parents live very close to Dallas and to make this process easier for us I could stay with them for a week so I can get my medical exam and my USCIS appointment done in one go. It is difficult for my husband to the time off he will have to if we go to the San Antonio office and it will be more reasonable if I can have his mother take me to the doctor so he only needs to take a day for the USCIS appointment.
I know this is a very long post but I really need some answers on this and USCIS customer service hasn't been very helpful at all. Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

You can keep the maiden name. That should not be an issue.

Medical if you are not submitting now you will get an RFE which may delay the process. You can change the appointment date.
To go to Dallas office you need to take the separate appointment at Dallas office. give the zip code of your in-laws while taking the appointment that should take you Dallas office appointment listing

tammy2 said:
To go to Dallas office you need to take the separate appointment at Dallas office. give the zip code of your in-laws while taking the appointment that should take you Dallas office appointment listing

They're not going to get upset about that? The guy on the customer service line never said "no, you can't go to the Dallas office", he just kept saying San Antonio was the office that had jurisdiction over our area. I don't want to mess things up but it really would make this whole thing so much easier for us! Has anyone actually done this, gone to an office other than the one they tell you to?