Urgent - Family based I-486: Request for interview reschedule triggered further review

deargodplhelpme

Registered Users (C)
It seems any step in the immigration process without consulting this BBS turned into disaster.

Family based I-486, filed last Feb, received interview letter in Nov for a Jan interview. We had scheduled a wedding celebration in my home country at that time, so we contacted USCIS to request rescheduling the interview in Nov.

It's almost five months and after numerous USCIS calls to request service requests and visits to the local office (both submitted some action request and said I should receive a letter within a certain time, but nothing happened). The last time we heard from USCIS was Nov when we got the interview letter.

Just called USCIS again today, and was told that USCIS is actively processing the case, but asked to allow SIX months for further review. (last time I was told I should hear back within 45 days)

Why did this happen? What does it mean? What should I do? Please help, and much much appreciate anyone who could give me a hand.

THANK YOU!!
:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Does anyone else have similar experience? Could someone please help...please...I've read all interview reschedule thread, but still not sure what this means.

From here it appears the wedding celebrations were more important to you and I suppose you had a blast. Now stop whinning and wait until USCIS is ready for you again. Lesson here, never put anything pertaining to USCIS on hold :D

It sounds like you've been moved to the back of the line.
Big mistake to change the interview.

Just be patient and wait.
You will get your interview eventually.

Thanks SO MUCH for helping. If it's only waiting, then all is okay. I was freaking out because wasn't sure what this means...

As to the wedding celebration, we've sent out invitations and other people have made travel plans, so it was very hard to cancel. But alas, i should have checked this BBS before we made that decision.

Thanks!!!

Thanks SO MUCH for helping. If it's only waiting, then all is okay. I was freaking out because wasn't sure what this means...

As to the wedding celebration, we've sent out invitations and other people have made travel plans, so it was very hard to cancel. But alas, i should have checked this BBS before we made that decision.

Thanks!!!

Not trying to be insensitive but personally, I would have them cancel their reservations that cancel with USCIS.

You are not back to the waiting game. reschedule an interview will make it complicated becasue other ppl were already scheduled on certain dates. You will have to wait until a slot is available to you again.

You are not back to the waiting game. reschedule an interview will make it complicated becasue other ppl were already scheduled on certain dates. You will have to wait until a slot is available to you again.

Yes, it's a major mistake. And it comes with financial costs too. Now we have to reapply EAD and AP.

NEVER reschedule the interview!!

Does anyone know what is purpose of I-486 & I-486p forms?

Does anyone know what is purpose of I-486 & I-486p forms?