URGENT F1 expired H1 in Process Please

kikikiran

Hello Rajiv,
Can you look into the situation and advise.

I am currently working. My OPT expired on Feb 28 2004. I applied for H1 in november and there was a quesry asking for additional documnets on Feb 23rd. I submitted the documents and the INS have received on April 7th per their status tracking online.

1) As I have a LIN number, am I legally allowed to stay in US and continue working till I get my H1 approved.

2) I also have applied another H1 from different cnsulting company which had a query asking for the first H1 approval.

Kindly evaluate this situation and suggest me as what are pros and cons of this.

Thank you
Regards
Kiran

Originally posted by kikikiran
Hello Rajiv,
Can you look into the situation and advise.

I am currently working. My OPT expired on Feb 28 2004. I applied for H1 in november and there was a quesry asking for additional documnets on Feb 23rd. I submitted the documents and the INS have received on April 7th per their status tracking online.

1) As I have a LIN number, am I legally allowed to stay in US and continue working till I get my H1 approved.

+++++++++++++++++You cannot work after OPT expires, but you can stay.

2) I also have applied another H1 from different cnsulting company which had a query asking for the first H1 approval.

Kindly evaluate this situation and suggest me as what are pros and cons of this.

Thank you
Regards
Kiran